Soil nutrients vs Hydroponic nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Murtrude, Aug 6, 2010.

1. #1 Murtrude, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2010
    Hey all, im a new grower and im looking for fertilizers, i found a collection of grow, bloom, and micronutrient solutions (by Advanced Nutrients company) which are suggested for hydroponic growing. i myself am using soil and was wondering if these solutions would be optimal for soil as well as hydroponics. if hydroponics and soil do have separate nutritional requirements, could anyone please suggest a brand or specific nutrient package that they know works very well for soil-grown cannabis plants? Thanks very much for your advice!

edit: this is the package that i was looking into buying before coming here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Nutrients-1200-14-Bloom-1L/dp/B001GBVLN2/ref=pd_sbs_k_6

2. The way I understand it is that with hydro you feed the plant, with soil you feed the soil, which feeds the plant.

The hydro nutes will work but will not feed the beneficial microbes in the soil so you'd be losing a very important thing.

3. There is a difference between hydro and soil nutes. At least for many - some nutes can be used for both but i would suggest you use some developed for what you are doing as the PH, and the amount you use will be different.

4. im using AN sensi bloom and big bud, bud candy, overdrive with fox farm soil. getting great results no burn.