Soil-less vs. Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dragonsblade80, Jan 8, 2009.

1. I'm starting a new grow and I plan to go organic this time. I've been reading up on soil-less, but i'm not clear on how it affects health, taste, smoke, and potency versus organic soil. For those of you who have tried both: which one would you recommend?

2. Organic Soil Grown, its what they use in AMsterdam, No chemical additves makes it burn ur throat, So use very light organic instant fertilers, and you will grow the best bud. Cannabis Cup winners 30x Green House Seeds Co. ALwasys grows Soil all there Cannabis cups are soil grown why? Its cleaner.

Just dont use COmmmerical Mericale grow, pick the males out. Grow Seedless females. and you got some sick bud.

Just make sure you stop using fertilizers weeks before i mean 6 weeks before harvest or you gonna have a nasty burn in your throat.

3. Rubbish, my mate grow in soil and i grow in hydro, both the same strain and theres not difference in the smoke, we both flush at the end of harvest. He flushes for 2 weeks, and i flush for 5 days.

What is light organic instant fertilers? Nutrients are nutrients.

Greenhouse grow in hydro. Watch there youtube clips!

God damn, how would you feel if you didnt get fed for 6 weeks? 2 weeks are plenty

4. #4 fitzyno1, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2009

Soil is more forgiving for new growers. It takes around 2 or 3 days for a plant to show effect of a change you've made. You have plenty of time to fix a problem.

Hydro, i see changes within the same day.
    If there is a power cut (no electric), your plant have little time to live, especially bubblers and misters. Flood and drain hydro system would last the longest if electric failed.
    The advantage hydro has over soil is that i finish a week sooner than soil.

As for your question, how it affects health, taste, smoke, and potency.
    Health = the health of the plant is up to your growing conditions not your system.
    Taste = no difference if you flush properly.
    Smoke= no difference if you flush properly.
    Potency= your system has nothing to do with potency, the potency is in the DNA of the plant.

5. Dido;)

Shlong