Soil germination

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Bama8252, May 23, 2021.

1. Is ocean forest by fox farms to hot for auto seedlings

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Apparently bio bizz all-mix is too, but I always grow them in it

3. nope

4. Ocean Forest is a hot soil, so no nutes until the first 3-4 weeks. And with auto's, begin nutes at 1/4 of the published amount. Auto's are notorious for burning. I've been growing autos for a longggg time. And still love it.

5. This.

6. I use FFOF for seedlings but I use it like this 2 parts FFOF, 1 part Perlite, 1 part worm castings. I started doing that just in case a seedling was too sensitive. Have no Idea if it helps or not but have never had problems.

7. I was wondering thanks for the answers

8. Clay pots is a no no I’ve found that out I have fabric pots ordered

9. Fabric pots are good. I've been using them for years.

10. IMG_0718.JPG IMG_0719.JPG of course I covered it up some and put this dome over it and misted the seed location only

11. I use ocean forest and start feeding the 3rd day or so with big bloom. I think its more strain specific a couple years ago i think it was a tangie was burned bad by the soil alone thats the only issue ive ever had out of ocean forest. then again may have just been a hotter batch

12. Would u start off in a 5 gallon fabric pot other growers are tell me no

13. I always start in a Solo cup. By simply picking it up you can tell instantly if it needs water. And I can get my T5 almost touching the sprout. You can't do that with a 5 gallon fabric pot until the plant is big enough to need that much water. Most growers transplant a couple times but I've always gone from solo cup to final container.

14. I have always planted my germed seeds in the pot that will be used for the entire grow. Try both ways and see if you are more comfortable with one over the other.