Soil choice and nutes and lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Biggerbudda, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Hey guys so I'm new to this forum. I done 1 or 2 previous very small grows ages ago and im thinking of comming out of retirement lol. So was wondering how should I get started as in soil and nutes? And lights? I'm getting the 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent

2. get :
    a 600w hps bulb
    a 600w digital dimmable ballast (magnetic if possible)
    a 8''inline fan
    a 8'' carbon filter
    Get some Organic soil with perlite (70% soil 30% perlite)
    Get 2 fans (oscillating if possible)
    get ''x'' many Smart pots (those are fabric pots) for your plants.
    a light reflector

3. Ok sir cheers for ur reply, any recommendations on what specfic soil to use? Like bio buzz and so as iv heard mixed reviews? What about make of carbon filter?

4. You can get cheap carbon filters on amazon

For the soil, just go for an organic soil without any added nutes. Add 30% perlite and it should be easier to handle during the growth and flowering. Especially if this is your first growth

5. I use fox farm ocean forest soil...I prefer LED lighting, especially to keep temps down....as far as nutes go, during veg I only use Alaska fish fertilizer, its almost impossible to burn them with that...then during flower I use fox farm tiger bloom...and U will only need the carbon filter if smell will be a concern for u