Soil At my plot

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ratty, May 3, 2008.

1. The soil at my plot is very dense and solid not like clay but simular would this be ok to gro in because taking soil to my plot is near imposible is there any thing else i can use I was just going to go out with a small spade and put the plants straight in and spend little time and effort on them will they still grow ok and give some great bud, Can any one give me advice on this or give any tips it would help a fellow smoker a lot and be appreciated,Thanks

2. Clay like soil is the worst to grow in, you would really need to amend the soil for a successful grow.

3. its not quite clay but it is simular its really thick, if i was to amend it how would i do so im going in the next couple of days so any help would be great could i just ad some perlite.

4. u prolly want to add something light, like peat moss and maybe a little top soil to get it more airy and fluffy

5. your gonna need a hoe, a shovel, a metal rake and some amendments, perlite, peat moss , compost and posibly some nutrients such as bone meal and bat guano. Dig and break up the soil very well mix in all the amendments and nutrients and you will have a great plot for growing some quality outdoor.

6. Thanks guys for your help, I guess next you guys are going to tell me that with out doing any of those things my plants aren't going to grow or if they do not very well and yeild next to nothing, as said its near imposible to take equipment to my plot, can I adjust the soil well enough with just some good quality soil using a small spade. Thanks in advance

7. If you can break it up real good, you should be able to grow in it. You can lighten the soil by adding most any organic material when you refill the holes. Coconut Coir is great because it is so light and compact until you break it up. While I normally wouldn't recommend freshly dried leaves or bark (uncomposted), that would be a good addition when you're out in the field.

8. thanks guys for your help im going to ad my own compost and perlite mix to the existing soil which I think will be ok, Just started germing my seeds should be ready to go out in about a week once I have prepared my soil. Ill keep you all updated

9. Break it up real well and add vermiculite or peat moss for drainage.