Soil and Fertilizer?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DontPassOnGrass, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Alright so this seems like a fairly basic question, but after going to wal-mart and looking around there are over 100 different soils and fertilizers...

im a first timer so i dont really know what im doing even after reading a LOT of threads and stickies...

would someone be a pal and actually write down a brandname or something similar for a good indoor beginner soil pack/fertilizer for some shorter height growing strains (smell/cost is a slight issue!)

thanks guys

2. any pasteurised compost/peat/soil will do, as long as there arent any time release nutrients in it you'll be fine, add perlite for arrigation/drainage, and worm casting if you like, but stick to something simple for your first grow. if you add alot of additive booster and other shit, if you have a problem it will be difficult to diagnose.

3. High there, try to go with foxfarm ocean forrest or something else which is know to work well. Try not to get any soil that is already packed with nutes, you don't want something which will feed your girls the wrong nutes for maybe months.

I find bio-bizz products work very well but I think most soil growers on here use foxfarm products.

Good luck

4. foxfarm products huh? i will definitely look into it...what about fertilizers?

5. Foxfarm do both and so do bio-bizz and many others. I could not find foxfarm where I am so I used Bio-bizz and Im very happy with it. There are many more and I now mix my own soil mixes, just stay away from soil with nutes already in.

Don't have a Walmart where I am or a hydro store, so I mix my own soil now.

Take a look in the grow journals section and see what other people are using, then steal the ideas you like most! It works for me.

Good luck