Soil Analysis Report Is In

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by poacherjoe, Aug 12, 2014.

1.  This is what years of organic gardening have done to my soil. My Nephew gave me these results and told his Uncle that I didn't need to keep adding all the composts and manures to the ground each fall!! To say the least I was quite surprised at the results.The K is so high I don't think I will be using any additional supplements  to enhance the buds! This really opened my eyes so I would suggest that anyone that is using all of the current snake oil's and elixir's to get your soil tested to see if you really need that junk!!
    View attachment Joe's Soil.pdf :gc_rocks:

2. Pretty enlightening isn't it?

CC

3. To say the least!!! He told me to get another sample from 12 inches deep. This report came from 4 to 6 inches deep. He told me for years that I was over doing it but the results I have been getting are great. My daughter told me that my plants are on steroids :yay: I should have the results in a couple weeks to compare. He said that the levels weren't going to hurt anything either. :ey:

4. i used soil testing to determine what to add to build my soil. i was high on several items such as phosphorus and calcium,but they were locked up.with proper ammendments the soil is functioning and everything the plant needs is available.only need to add water.on another note the past month has seen temps averaging 100degrees some days 110. i don't think my plants would thrive like they are if i wasn't using living soil.i have been using yucca extract for saponin content.

5. How much did the test cost and how much of a soil sample do they require?

6. My Nephew is the supervisor at the soil lab so it was free. :yay:  They wanted a 1 gallon zip lock bag 1/3rd full. You can call the labs for a price quote.  :smoke:

7. that is sooo cool!  i am thinking of getting a sample tested myself.  i wonder if you wouldnt mind telling me a bit more about your soil practices a bit more in depth.

8. google soil tests,a number of universities offer testing,prices are reasonable.

Google - I would have never thought of that.

[​IMG]

10.  PlaidBee: I have a 40 x 80 foot garden area. I have lived here for 30 years. I  started by tilling in truck loads of horse manure and I always mulch with rain spoiled alfalfa hay. The hay breaks down through the growing season and adds humus and microbes to the soil and no weeds to pull. Straw and oat hay will supply you with weeds.I went to a location that I knew of and filled  a 2 lB coffee can full of nightcrawlers every night and dumped these in a grid across the garden .Now they are well established along with the regular earthworms. Every other year I unload some type of manure and compost all over the area and till it in. You can get finished compost from your local cities recycling center for a small fee. or you can make your own.As a result of all these additives my soil is approx. 1 foot higher than my neighbors on the other side of the fence. I also hunt and fish a lot  so everything gets buried in the ground to plant things on top of.Feathers go in the compost pit. Planting green manure crops and rotating them across the garden and working these remnants into the ground helps too. I own a troy bilt tiller and a kemp chipper shredder  for chopping up all the garden remnants in the fall and adding them to the compost pit. This garden is for everything that I want to grow. I started gardening with my father when I was very young." Chores" is what it was called but when I got out on my own and had to pay for things on my own I always grew a  year round garden to keep the bills down and they taste a hell of  a lot better than the store ! When I dig a hole to bury  fish it seems I dig up bones from previous burials so that's about it. I have fed my ground pretty good and it gives back to me what I have put into it. :gc_rocks:

11. man thats great! Thank-you so much for taking the time to write all that down.. my grandfather(passed) was from saskathewan(praries)  and was a great farmer.  his garden always was the best on the block.  he used a lot of horse manure(he loved that stuff)
    That all sounds so affordable!  gotta run, headed out of town for a couple days=)
    Thanks again  :smoke: