SOG help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheDankStank, Jan 13, 2009.

1. So im starting a sea of green right now and was wondering if i took clones let them root for 1 week or 2 then flowered them in 1 gallon pots about how much yeild would i get per plant. btw im using a 600 watt hps fox farm soil and nutes.​

2. Unless you are planning on a huge amount of plants, not too much. You would have much better results if you took "a few" plants, let them veg for a decent amount of time and then flowered. You are already going to all the trouble anyways, don't rush it.

3. well im doing about 12 im just looking for yeild from one after rooting then vegging for 2 weeks

4. your yeild could be anything from a couple grams up to 7-12 grams per plant, but to hit that you have to have everything dialed in just right. search for drbudgreengenes, he's the king of small sog grows. You could also set it up so that your fill your area half full of plants that have vegged for 4 weeks, then after they have been flowering for 4 weeks, then add another set of clones that have been vegging for 4 weeks, then you will have a 4 week sog, with a better yeild. just a thought....good luck man! im also got a small sog going.

5. 12 under a 600 watt at 1 plant per sq ft is going to give you a 3x4 pattern instead of a 3x3, which doesn't matter at all it just means 4 of your guys will be a little further away than normal. plus you could just throw 2-3 cfl in there on the less exposed side and be dandy.

All that being said if you look through the grow journals here you will see people pulling anywheres from3/4 ounce per plant to 2.5 ounces per plant using SOG. It is all going to come down to you as a grower. You really should expect an ounce per plant, but you will want to figure out a good rotation to deal with your uneaven pattern, or do some long division that i can't do and figure out a nice transplant schedule so your pot sizes bunch up within the 3x3 foot pattern

moral of the story is go check out the hundreds of grow journals doing exactly what you are doing.

:hello:

6. #6 Dank Sinatra, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009
    If you can't get more than 12-15 grams off a 600 watt hps than you should kill yourself

What you are thinking of is probably his CFL grow, which is cool and this dude should read it, but drbudgreengenes uses 20 soda bottle cut down to 16oz condensed at 16 a sqft, our friend here is going a more traditional, NOT necessarily more valid, route of 1 gallon pots and HPS which changes his yield expectations per plant dramatically, although his yield per sqft will be considerbaly less along with g/watt

Dr.bud pulls 7 grams per plant on average he states which gives 7x16=112 grams per square foot.

Speculation on the more tradtional method comes out between 21 and 56 grams i guess

sorry for all the extra info

I really need to re read the rules and see if this is against them but here is a link to some great Green Genes material.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=69713

do yourself a favor and search for the rest of the threads he has written and gobble them up

definatly read about SOG some more because the main point of it is NO VEG and in my personal view to make the work less montonous, always more than one task to accomplish in a day. Also he would need an extra light for that 4 week veg so there another 300 bucks or so.