SOG Grow Method Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GrassLogic, Dec 31, 2015.

1. #21 killset, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2016
    Nobody can tell you how to achieve the weight you want. All anyone can do is give advice. Its up to you to grow it. Everyone grows differently. Your views on growing are extremely noobish and people are just trying to point you in a better direction. Maybe be nice and you'll get the advice you want. Or you can keep having people mess with you because you're acting foolish, your choice man

2. Are you even reading what you write? People have been giving you useful info, you just don't want to listen to anything that doesn't agree with your preconceived ideas. If you want a yes man, you have come to the wrong place

3. these clones had 1 week of veg. Fitting hundreds in to your 16 square-foot area is impossible unless your plants were sick and yielded bugger all

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. #24 killset, Jan 1, 2016
    It boils down to this, you don't have to do what people who actually grow do. You can do whatever you want. Come up w/ a silly idea and present it in public be prepared to hear about it by those who know better

5. I don't give a damn about a yes, I care about a how to.
    This is what I've learned from this topic thus far:
    Anything higher then 200 plants per table is unrealistic.
    Predetermined numbers are to unstable to say I'll get any exact number of units per table, due to possible sicknesses and aliments due to my experience with this method of growing.
    While my setup is sound, it requires much labor with both trimming, upkeep, and harvesting.
    If I try an early harvest I'd only get low quality popcorn nugs, if that.
    I am listening to all of you. But the problem is I'm looking for a think-tank on how to achieve this goal, and not really getting what I'm looking for. I mean as listed I've learned alot already, and it will help immensely, but nobody has been forward thinking enough to say something like "That's a hard goal to achieve, try incorporating this method into your setup, it's shown me XXX results in the past."
    Not asking for a yes, asking for help. Maybe a few weird scrog methods, maybe even a alt to net pots and rock wool.
    Thanks

6. GoldGrower, what was the weight on those if you don't mind me asking?

7. #27 killset, Jan 1, 2016
    You shut down anyone views other then your own. You weren't open to advice. You need to decide which technique to go with then ask advice on how to do it. Not tell people how you're going to do it then complain.....that's not helping yourself out......so pick a method and go with it. We all grow different and we all have our reasons for doing so. If which ever way doesn't work try something different next time.....so which is it that you want advice on sog or scrog? You're the 1 growing so you're the 1 making the decisions

By the way scrog isn't weird. Its how lots of us grow including myself

8. I believe you just answered your own questions. The only way to achieve the goal you want is with trial and error. You gotta try different things and figure out what works best for your situation. It's taken alot of us a long time to figure that stuff out for ourselves. Nobody can tell you.. The only way your gonna nna get what you want is through experience. Try SOG try SCROG LST TOPPING all of the above whatever you want. Just know this though it's not gonna happen overnight. Do your research and experiment with you setup. And in time you youll get it.

9. Why not just try it? If you don't mind my asking. I mean if nobody has done it or you just don't believe what others have said do it yourself. It's worth a learning experience if anything. Plus you can post back with your own results(hopefully backed up by pictures) in order to better inform others having the same idea. I myself will be doing a small 16+/- plant sog along side other things. We should compare our sog results if you decide to do one as well.

10. GoldGrowers pics are almost what I'm looking for. Minus all the extra on the sides. Main cola only, any input on Zero Veg? And trimming excess bud sites ( I know, don't do it! ) but I really only want a singe bud. No excess bulk. If no trimming the bud sites, any methods on controlling growth?

11. I'm gonna just cut the side growths(if any) off of my sog to get a single cola only.

12. That's pretty much what I'm getting at, cut what I don't need to save space.

13. #33 GrassLogic, Jan 1, 2016
    Wrong thread.. oops

14. Cloning is the same no matter how you grow. However, Its another 1 of those things you're going to get alot of different opinions on how to do it. I clone directly in soil most of the time. Some love a cloning machine of some sorts. I use one on occasion. Each technique works just some are better suited for each grower for whatever reason. How do you want to go about doing it?

15. Well sense we are on the subject now, I use a cloning tray with Clone-X gel on snip and a light mix of BC grow to feed. Have a pretty high success rate, fast root growth. If I'm doing trays of 75 I'll get about 65 rooted.

16. I was asking about cloning polyploid mutations though lol, that question was for my other thread lol.

17. I don't really know what you're asking for now. You said that you wanted to fit 500 clones in to a 16 square-foot area. A clone that has no real veg time will still take up about a 6"x6" area so that equals 64 clones, but you still want to fit hundreds in there, and you're asking how to do it. But you have already been told it won't work.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? High yeild? Is that it? Because that's what everyone wants to achieve. Over crowding will lower yield and create a lot of unnecessary work

18. 24 plants
    10 square-foot area
    600w HPS
    170w LED
    Just over a pound, but I had to chuck out a couple of oz due to bud rot unfortunately. So finished with just under a pound.

19. #39 GoldGrower, Jan 1, 2016
    The answer needs to be a "yes" before someone can move on to the "how to". If the answer is "no, that's impossible", or "no, that's just stupid", then there is no "how to" to tell you.
    200 or 500, it doesn't really matter, none of the plants will thrive in that environment. But go for it if you're that stuck on the idea. I honestly have no idea why you want that number of plants. It offers no advantage.
    I can give you a rough idea on your yield expectation from what area you are growing in and what lights you are using on the condition that you have no large cock ups and your plants remain healthy throughout flowering.
    I guess I have made myself clear on your set up, so I won't bang on about it any further. It seems like you are going to do with either way .
    No, you wouldn't get low quality popcorn nugs. You wouldn't get anything. Ill put up a photo of a plant that is 4 weeks in to 12/12 below so you can see.
    You want a think tank on how to achieve this goal? What goal? If your goal is to fit hundreds of plants in to your 4x4 table, then you already know how to do that, you put them in very close to each other.
    I don't want to tell you to do exactly how I do things. Everyone has their own system. I have been telling you how to tweak your current idea for it to work better. You want 500 clones on your flood table, and I told you that you would get a better result with 64. That's a tweak of your system, a slight change for the better, a "how to" if you will.
    You wanted to veg for next to no time and flower for just 4 weeks so why would I suggest ScrOG? That's a system that requires a long veg time. It won't be suitable for your needs.
    Maybe you should lay down what you want to achieve and people can offer up ways to get it. You laid down your own way to get it and wouldn't accept that your way wouldn't work well
    A plant at 3 or 4 weeks of flowering.
    [​IMG]
    The same plant at 10 weeks
    [​IMG]

20. I understand all of this, I'm going to mimic the video that's at the bottom of this comment.
    But my question is how did you beat the bud rot in the tent?
    I'm also planning on using 10x10x10 tents. Did you add A humidity controller?
    Video 1 : SOG Ebb and Flow table (Early)
    https://youtu.be/9RDGvhyByWI

Video 2 : SOG Ebb and Flow table (About to harvest )
    https://youtu.be/2JhgEt207c4