socom 4 (beta now, april 19 release)

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Renkluaf, Mar 23, 2011.

1. anybody else playing the beta for socom 4? I was lucky to get a code early on and have been playing for a while, its an amazing game and the classic mode feels like socom 2. The beta is repetitive because its the same 2 maps :( Cant wait for this shit to come out. anybody else gettin it? clans?

2. Cant wait for this to come out. I forgot about beta :(

3. I got the beta code for purchasing kz3, I think I'm eligible on the 29th, gonna try it then

4. I've had the beta for like a week, games great, got high hopes for the official release.
    Still nothing compared to S1 and S2, but still plays great.

5. I'm looking forward to classic mode, hoping they make a few changes, but definitely going to be playing.

6. Classic mode is only game mode worth playing, Respawn is weak, always has been. That's why I never played CoD lol.

7. Yeah the respawns definitely do not feel like socom, but classic has potential.

8. WHAT! I was addicted to 1 and 2... played 3 one time, but dont have a ps3...

Might have to invest... Any old maps? Im gonna have to look into this...

9. At the moment, the only thing they've said is coming from the classic games is Abandoned, and that's with the pre-order of the game. No doubt in my mind that they will be releasing classic map packs down the road, after release, so I'm pretty stoked for that.

As far as classic mode goes, they should DEFINATELY take out the L3 run button, make movement speed a little faster, and take out the cover system. They should take out the cover system anyway, and make push to talk button be 'O' again, or move the cover system button to UP on the D-pad (instead of talk) and make talk O, either way, will be much better than current set up.

10. getting killed by lag or fail hit detection and not being able to respawn sucks way more

11. It's beta, not going to be perfect.
    Classic takes more skill, situational awareness and being able to keep yourself underwraps long enough to take out your opponent. Respawn is redundant, can't stand that bullshit, if that's what you're getting at lol. Respawn, is not socom.

12. I agree with Killa 100%, classic mode definitely has the potential.

Definitely not as addicting as the old socoms YET, but it's just a beta..that got very boring after a week...hopefully the full game is a little bit of a step up, then I will be happy.

13. I think that was directed to CoD I may be wrong though.

14. Tried the beta, it's quite fun but the movement and camera are shit.

Graphics and audio impressed me, everytime I'm playing the dock level and hear seagulls my imagination starts going wild, I like it.

15. How are movement and camera shit? Camera is like Confrontation, and for the most part like S2-3, movement could be a little better, only if they took out the run button and increased regular movement speed.

16. I really dislike Slant Six, and since Zipper is part of them I guess the hate transfers over.

The camera is three feet away from my back so my range of view is far too narrow, when in cover it moves to a decent range, i'd prefer it be like that all the time.

Players are difficult to spot due to dull colors (or my noobness), I feel like they make up for it by sticking gigantic red diamonds above their heads, a simple blip on the map showing lkp would be sufficient.

Jumping is like you're on the moon or something, I just don't like it, but it has helped me get to some nifty spots.

When throwing grenades I want to be able to jump for more range or height, that extra 5-10 yards makes a difference.

With all that negative nitpicking said, I've been playing it a whole lot and might end up preordering.

17. Zipper isn't part of Slant Six lol...

18. sorry about that, misread this last night, wisdom teeth extraction has me on lots of meds!

Slant Six Games' studio is based in Vancouver, BC, Canada, and is the developer to take over for Zipper Interactive in the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs franchise.

But, Zipper's camera angle is almost exactly like Slant Six's.

19. Yea, we knew they werent going back to same exact angles as S2 or anything.