Society as a whole

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by dave999, Feb 6, 2010.

1. A strange thing happened to me tonight, one that is strange, but I feel like I should have realised it a lot earlier. That thing was the realisation that there is always going to be uncontrollable violence in our society as a whole. It doesn't matter what society we live in, anywhere in the world this still applies.

I realised this sad fact after trying to help my friend getting viciously attacked and beaten up by some twats from the area. Me and four other friends were walking home from a night out, and it's a long story but basically my friend got punched in the face a few times, some of our group ran away but me and one other stayed behind to try and stop this fight happening. While trying to keep the peace, I stepped in the way of the punches to my friend to try and reason with these attackers, but I just got beaten the shit out of. Me and two other friends eventually got up after this gang of 15 or so people who attacked us ran off, after a horrible beating which made us all feel shit. I got kicked in the head numerous times, as did my other friends.

This whole experience made me question society. These people were under the influence of alcohol. Surely it would not be the same under marijuana. Are my pacifist ways useless in a society such as the one we live in? A society where you cannot reason with the stupid, and cannot convince a group to perfrom a simple request such as not viciously attacking your friends. It's fucked up.

2. This society will never grow out of its darkness.

A new society can be built, however.

Eventually, it will, or we'll all die. Either way, the problems will be fixed.

3. Some humans are degenerates and do not deserve the right to live in society.

4. This basically summed up what I wanted to say. I think though that it will be too difficult to create this utopia while binge drinking and other such drugs are around. But yeah everything that can happen will happen, so I really hope I live to see it.

5. The society of today is toxic. The only way to to truly fix what's wrong in the world is to let this one fall and create a new one from its ashes. It's always happened, throughout history. And people are starting to realize it.

6. our problems can never truley be "fixed"

its a balence and this shit will happen no matter what,its all a part of life and existence

there has to be problems and on the other hand,there has to be people trying to fix them

and there has to be people like me..who sit back and observe

7. Utopian Societies cannot last forever.

Nature's first green is gold,
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leaf's a flower;
    But only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    So Eden sank to grief,
    So dawn goes down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.