Social anxiety

Discussion in 'General' started by Dank Herb, Aug 13, 2012.

1. #21 shroomkid, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    Bumhole

2. I'd edit that:rolleyes:

3. I've delt with this before and somewhat still do. I don't know if I would gO as far as call it Social anxiety disorder but it was preety bad. It made me awkward and I guess and probably led me to the introverted man I am today. Haven't been laid in months and haven't dated in 4 years. My confidence is going up though.
    I advoided people like a plague. Even now I almost never go to stores unless I really have to. Haven't been to a movie theater in years. Most of my freinds don't see me anymore. Also my job is done 98% by myself. I almost never talk to or see costumers. The only thing I'm lookin foward to ATM is this preety girl at kfc I'm gonna try to pick up next time I go. I totally think she's diggen me.

4. Is that allowed ? LOl

5. I have anxiety. I'm not carded, but when im in public and it kicks in. I smoke a bowl and bam you get that little bit of fuck it and anxiety is gone.

6. Weed full on increases my social anxiety I don't get how it helps you guys lol.
    I don't smoke during the week anymore and that has helped lots.

7. [quote name='"didier12"']Weed full on increases my social anxiety I don't get how it helps you guys lol.
    I don't smoke during the week anymore and that has helped lots.[/quote]

I agree but it depends on the strain/effects

8. I would take longer routes and avoid being in crowded areas too. It was hard as fuck for me, since I've had it since I was young, but it feels like I finally broke this bs

9. I have social anxiety bad enough that i'm disabled. For some people it's not as easy as just getting a job and being in social situations. For me it's going to be a life long fight to function and get passed it. i know what i have to do and when but it will take time there's no short answer.

10. I've been diagnosed with social anxiety and generalised anxiety, i've had it since i was about 6 or 7. I can remember it starting when I would be worried to answer the phone, especially ring somebody because I was worried that the phone conversation would be awkward. I wouldn't even answer the phone to my parents.

It got a lot worse in secondary school, like others have said I would end up walking around the whole school just because some intimidating people (in younger years sometimes) were blocking the corridor. Now, I'm worried to leave the house. I can't imagine myself ever using public transport on my own nor going to the shops. I've been prescribed medication, but that made me even worse (lol).

I literally need 0.05g whenever my anxiety kicks in, and the effects can last for hours. I am slowly improving my life while high and I'm taking CBT classes at my local hospital, 2 hours a week. I'm also in talk therapy and hypnosis therapy to try and find the root of my problem. The cannabis is making a bigger difference than the other two solutions combined, nonetheless they are helping me. But If it wasn't for weed then I don't know where I'd be right now.

11. [quote name='"Maximillien127"'] But If it wasn't for weed then I don't know where I'd be right now.[/quote]

Where would anyone be right now

12. I have/had social/general anxiety since I was young.. I'm 20 now and I'll say weed helps it drastically but not entirely. It can make it worse if you don't work WITH it (staying at home eating cheetos). I find that smoking before I go out, I don't care what people think of me. Makes going out much more enjoyable.

I've been on plenty of medications as well as been hospitalized multiple times for my anxiety and weed has been the only success story. Just sucks I have to be a criminal to make my life bearable. Anxiety sucks ass.

It's not a cure but weed for sure gives me that 'don't give a fuck' attitude.

13. Weed makes my social anxiety worse I usually only smoke alone or with a close group of friends

14. i think for me weed will jusst enhance how im feeling DRASTICALLY, so it can either be bad or good , but for the most part it worsens the anxiety for me. for example if you dont give a fuck, you really wont give a fuck. if your worried and you smoke, you will be REALLY worried. i think some have to overcome this with a sober mind though.(myself)

lately when i smoke in social situations i just get awkward as fuck and have little anxiety attacks.

15. This thread is full of panzies.

Just suck it up lifes life. people suck just cause you cant have total control of situations doesnt mean you should avoid basic interactions with people.

16. [quote name='"Brohem"']This thread is full of panzies.

Just suck it up lifes life. people suck just cause you cant have total control of situations doesnt mean you should avoid basic interactions with people.[/quote]

the troll is serious within this one .

17. joey diaz speaks the truth, listen close @ 2:45
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlD9m2c9KZc]Joey Diaz on Overcoming Fear - YouTube[/ame]

18. I have social anxiety too. Like I hang out with people alot but I hardly ever say anything because I neve know what to say so I just don't say anything so people think I'm just weird.