Social Anxiety - Scared to Blaze With Others

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by breedingbitches, Aug 28, 2013.

1. I suffer from social anxiety but it really depends on the situation. Its hard to explain. But anyways, I always smoke alone. ALWAYS

I've smoke with other people four times. First two were my first two attempts ever. Thw second two were with a friend who was trying for the first time. So either i had an excuse to be inexperienced or the other person wad learning.

Any other time, I'm fucking terrified to blaze with anyone who is a regular toker and asks me to smoke up with them. I want to and I feel like I'm missing out on a really good time, but I just can't get past this fear and anxiety. Some people don't even believe I smoke because I refuse to do so with them.

Does anyone else have this problem?

2. not anymore. Met a really cool dude and wife that understood I had the same issue and kinda just chilled and took it slow. Got high talked religion and had a good night. I still smoke alone but that's just cuz I'm still new to denver. Just take your time. It'll get easier.

previously aurorahippy

3. It was very nerve wracking the first few times for me. I had to get used to it fast because my connect is also a really good friend and always smokes people out. If you buy from him you hang and smoke. So now I'm not afraid to smoke socially.

4. I used to be able to blaze with people, but the last few times people kept doing dumb shit, like saying dumb shit to me and acting like I'm stupid high when I'm not, while videotaping me seriously people are fucking annoying, so I don't really blame you.

5. The herb helps my social anxiety

6. I get this sometimes when I'm high around people I don't know. A few weeks ago I was chilling at my friends having a good time and this dude they know just turned up out of the blue. We all nearly shit ourselves thinking it was their landlord haha.

Anyways the guy was just super sketch and put me on edge for the entire evening, basically smoked all their weed and kept picking shit up and being like "can I have this?" I don't know, there's just some people I don't like being high around.

Just surround yourself with good people you're comfortable with and you should have a fun time. Best of luck on your adventures.

7. I get a bit nervous if I'm smoking with friends and one person there DOESN'T smoke weed. My fear is that they'll tell people about it tell people that I smoke. I want to keep it to myself, It's my business. Some Sober people have nothing better to do than to ruin everyone elses good time. It really annoys me when a non-smoker tells people that I smoke just because they want to get a reaction or because they have nothing else to talk about.

8. The only way to get used to it is to smoke with other people. 

9. You just need to find some down to earth people to chill with that are on the same level as you . Naw mean?

10. nope. never had that problem.

11. I struggle with anxiety but it doesn't really bother me to smoke with other. Maybe because most of the time they are friends if I'm smoking with them...

I know it's gotta be hard but you just have to make yourself do it because really you know it's not gonna hurt you. All you have to do is sit there and smoke like you would by yourself except dont forget to hit it and and keep it in rotation ha. If you don't feel like talking then dont, if they say something to you give them a simple yes or no response or whatever and just continue to chill.

12. Don't smoke with stupid people. Smoke with legit stoners. Seriously, I hate it when I smoked with my friends from the neighborhood, and they're all trying to make me look stupid and confuse me while I'm just trying to watch a movie and eat. And they were acting all drunk and retarded after one or two hits from my blunt. Fuck them. I ain't ever going to share my weed with them anymore.

My first couple of times, I smoked with my friend who was a stoner from school. He really knew what he was doing and all, and it was awesome smoking with him, we just spent the time laughing, conversating, then we went to get something to eat.

Just smoke with someone you really trust and knows what they're doing, and relax...

But, I feel you, smoking alone is just... more free, if that makes sense. It's great being alone and not having to worry about anything or anyone ruining your high, and doing whatever you want to do.

13. The best thing would be to go out on a limb and smoke with someone, maybe a stranger. 

When you do, try to focus on yourself and not the other person. From someone who also has anxiety problems, i know how sucky it can be when your stoned and stressing about if your being entertaining, or if the other person is having fun, or if you should say something.

Just smoke and do what ever YOU feel comfortable with, that includes being a silent stoner.  Nothing wrong with being quiet, and content.

I love it when the silence isn't awkward, you know there are some people who need to talk, talk, talk and get disinterested when you don't do the same. Don't worry about those people, they will go find there own kind, and chances are you will find yours if you give it a try.  = )

14. If I knew how to approach a stranger and ask them if they want to blaze, without freakig them out or sounding stupid, I totally would. I'm way more comfortable about strangers than people I know.

15. Just keep it real with yourself don't over think it and you'll be fine

16. ^ yea this. I noticed that i got anxitey a lot too but i started smoking more and going out purposly to see just why i was anxipus. Turns out it was just paranoia. I was actually the same just a bit more quiet. But it was good being quieter held me back from saying stupid thhings. I got to know myself a lot more

17. Op im a loner smoker I feel u .only person i feel comfortable smoking with is my best bro

18. I used to get all nervous when i smoked with anyone until i came to the realization that the people that would judge me in the first place are people i dont give a fuck about anyway so just kinda chill and do your thing and if they judge you, then fuck em

19. I used to be like that after quitting for a few years, but eventually my stoner came back and I'm not fussed. :)

20. I have bad social anxiety but I am able to smoke with others which I don't understand, but I prefer to blaze alone.