So your parents dont trust you?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by rochesterRIOT, Mar 11, 2008.

1. I have been reading alot lately about how some of our dear friends here at grass city have been getting caught and losing the trust of there parents. I seem to hold the record for losing and gaining trust from my parents. I have done some pretty stupid shit in my life and god bless my parents for not giving up on me. But heres how I handled my weed situation:

When I turned 16 I was finally old enough to work for my family company, its a really really big deal for me because its over 100 years old and all of my grandfathers started working at the company when they were 16. Being the dumb ass I was, I smoked the weekend before I started, not realizing that I had to take a drug test.

So here I am setting up my drug test on Monday, trying to get the lady to reschedule it from tuesday to like thursday. Luckily I was able to move it back. I spent the week detoxing and scared out of my fucking mind about failing a drug test in front of an entire company of people who think I would never ever smoke weed...

Heres where the SMARTEST most MATURE decision of my life came in:
    After the drug test I called my dad, I told him I needed to talk to him about something and he was willing to listen. I told him that I had been smoking pot that weekend and the possibility of me failing my drug test was very high. He didnt yell, I didnt get grounded, but I knew he was dissapointed. So later that night, we talked when he got home and he told me that for 16 years hes been waiting for me to come to him and tell him when I ve fucked up, because him finding out from other people is 100x worse then me coming to him. He told me that yes, he gets the results and they are confidential. But he suggested that I be more responsible with my habits and not to be a fucking idiot.

Moral of the story, I told my parents that I smoked pot. I explained to them the benefits and basically spilled all the research I have done on it. My parents did it in college, but they most certainly dont do it now. Since then Ive been caught by them so many times. But because I talked to them about it, I didnt get in trouble, they just took my weed and pieces and threw them out. (I deserve that discipline, getting your bag flushed down the toilet in front of you is watching a lion eat your child.)

I dont know how your parents are out there, maybe Im lucky. But I would suggest you try and have a mature (fact filled) conversation with your parents about your habit. So when they do catch you, they cant flip out because you came to them first.

2. 100 years? what are you a rockefeller or something? :)

But yea i would say thatsa great reaction from your dad, and the most responsible thing you could do in that situation. Kudos to you!

3. Damn at least they didnt do anything like grounding you but it might of been better to be home grounded with weed lol. Let me join your family company I will stop smoking weed for as long as i have to. I need a new job

4. haha no im not a rockafeller. haha just lucky enough that my family hasnt sold out to corporations in 100 years.

5. Wait what exactly do you do?

6. new york's largest independent telephone company.

7. I think I'd rather wait until I get caught. Things would not work out well if I told them now, unfortunately. But when I do get caught, I'm so ready for it! You could even say I look forward to it.

8. My parents are pretty cool with it, I was even talking to my mom about bong vodka and how a guy on here made a perfect slider for it. I know that she held her own in the 60/70s, so it's ok as long as education doesn't suffer.

9. That's a tough question, and I could respond with a thousand words - which would still be inadequate. Volumes of analytical work would be necessary to create, then reference, then structure an ideal; then a logical, reasonable means of analysis. Also a group dedicated to this willing to lay aside instant gratification, and understand the true meaning of long term action and expectations.

If you can make your parents proud by accomplishing your goals in life smoking weed is the lowest of the low on the scale of things they should not trust you for. Life is too fucking short to worry if your parents trust you or not. Live life the way you want to and stop worrying about who else is doing this and what they think of you doing that. FUCK THEM. Learn that you don't really have long to enjoy this place.

My advice to you is start to focus on what you want and what is best for YOU, not your parents or anyone else. You now have only two choices for the rest of your life. You will be programmed or you will program yourself. What is your choice? Try hard in school, and in other things life gives you, and you'll be on your way to successing.

Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

10. that's rad you didn't get in trouble. Kinda went like that when I told my rents I've smoked pot.

And if they ever go for the "were flushing your stash down the toilet" I'm gonna straight grab something of theirs and flush that shit with it

11. i hear that man:smoke:

12. That's the worst advice you could possibly give. What the OP did was 100% the right move. 16 year olds are no way near mature enough to start making decisions on what they deem is best for them.

Besides, while you still live under your parents roof you have to respect them, they give you a place to sleep and food everyday, telling them to go fuck themselves is a really good way to ruin your relationship with them. Having a good, open relationship with your parents makes your life under their roof a lot easier, which is something I realized far too late in my high school career. Clearly the Op's parents (and grandparents) made excellent decisions in their life which allowed them to provide constant jobs for their family, which unfortunately looks like something you, ISmokeRock, were not fortunate enough to receive from your parents.

Props to the OP for making a smart and mature decision.

13. thats pretty cool

14. Yeah but now aren't they suspicious that you still smoke and shit or what?

15. So did you find out if you passed the test or not???????????:confused:

16. Ha thats exactly how I felt, I figure Im gonna be smoking weed my whole life, and its a part of who I am, and it doesnt make me a bad or irresponsible person. It doesnt effect me neggativley, so why not? lol man i need to start getting good grades to prove it though

17. My mom completly trusts me with her life (But then again the only thing i've done "Bad" in my life was calling a colored person the N word when somone told me too when i was 6 and did't know what it ment, i got the shit kicked out of me...Joy!) But, i deserved it.
    But my mom is letting me grow and use cannabis in our own home, i'm 18, look under my "Cannabis is keeping me alive" for the reasons why she let me (The good one is under Medical Cannabis.) but i finnaly got her past her paranoia too let me grow two plants. Yay! :D.

18. Agreed. I'm 18, i've been smoking pot for about 3 years. Life can be very difficult when you don't have your parents on side, i saw my sister go through it in a big way when she had problems with harder drugs like pills and coke. She doesnt do them regularly anymore and she now gets on with me and my parents really well. My parents were concerned with me smoking weed at first because they thought i would go down the same route as my sister (i did but to not nearly the same extent). Now i dont take any pills or acid, i've never sniffed coke, and i dont touch anything other than green... if that can really be put in the same "drug" classification as the chemical drugs.

Life in my house has been a lot happier since me and my sister started communicating more with my parents. A few weeks ago i managed to persuade them to let me grow a plant (a suprisingly easy task). And now my mum regularly comes in to check on "Otto the Potto" as she likes to call her and to top it off now i have something else to take my mind off things; my last few months of school should be difficult but not nearly as depressing as they had been in the past.

Moral of the story: communicate with your parents, you have nothing to gain otherwise and everything to loose. (Cheesy i know, but they dont call me CheeseGreen for nothing:D)