So you want to grow Marijuana, your ?'s answered here.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jcj77d, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Im worried about over watering my 12 day old seedlings so I water about every other day..the only problem is that when I water them I don't see water come out of the 5 drainage holes. Even though water doesent come out whenever i touch the soil and go about an inch deep is it moist and doesnt need feel like it needs watering. Should I stick with the way I am doing it now or should i water until i see it come out of the drainage holes? I don't know the exact pot size but i say it about 7x6 inches.

2. what type of soil? when u water, water until it drains out, then to test, stick your finger in soil about 2", if still moist, then wait & try another day, its ok to let the soil dry out for a day. but a 12 day old plant doesnt need water that offten. another way to tell is by weight, water it, lift it up to feel how heavy it it, & the lift it up when soil is dry, you should notice the weight difference. if its light, then water. u w/ me. oh if your worried bout overwatering, just add 3% hydrogen peroxicide to the water, @ a rate of 1-2 cap full of HP to 1gal of water, this gives u extra o2 to roots.

3. alright thanks..Im using MG Organic soil mixed w/perlite. I should've drilled holes in the pots beforehand but oh well. I don't water to build up deep in the middle of the pot where there are no holes. I have another question..Im about to go buy some nutes to start feeing next week and i was wondering which is better...Fox Farm Grow, Earth Juice Grow, or Pure Blend Grow? These are the brands I can get at the local hydro store so thats my selection.

4. i would go w/ fox farm grow big, & maybe suppliment w/ pure blend grow. you shouldnt need to feed util wk 3 or 4. be careful overfeeding is the #1 mistake new growers make.

5. Advice/insight and also have a few questions I'll be asking. Don't mind the name, I know its weird to see a name on a 420 forum that isn't: BigBobBud or something a long those lines. xD

But anyways. My grow will be using, two red 60+ LED lights for growing and one 60+ Blue LED lights in a circle formation( Still considering the single HID light). The grow 'room', if it can even be called that, is a small four foot high, two in half foot deep and I don't know the width yet hope those help. I'm going natural soil, maybe even the Poor Man's Fertilizer (MG) or if I can find some Worm castings for sale at a good price around here. Oh and thinking two or three plants for the SOG, if you can give any advice on how to set that up to work best..

Bad thing is, it's a very covert grow- The plants can't get very big/or have too much of a smell outside of the charcoal filters I'll be installing into the 'Secret Box'( xD). Was just wondering what type of seeds would you guys recommend: Looking for the 'potent' yet small in size plant. Any suggestions/improvements or very much appreciated.

Nation.

6. yeah i was gonna start at the 3rd or 4th week depending on how the plants looked. Im only gonna feed 1/8 or 1/4 the dosage recommended to start em off. Another question....Since I know these are female seeds how long should i wait to induce flowering? Until the pistils start to show? Thanks for the answers btw

7. i dont know much about leds, but you'll get better yeilds w/ hid or cfl. you got to consider heat issues. for a small grow space "lowryder 2" is a strain that stays short. & if you want to use mg ferts, get the Miracle-Gro® Water Soluble All Purpose Plant Food 24-8-16 with micronutrients. i dont know anything about sog, i know what it is, & seen them, but dont know anything about setting up one. since it seems you grow room is small, i think an hid will be to hot. my space is 9'l-4'w-9'h, & i got 2 160w hps w/ 1 16" fan, w/ a/c vent, & temps can get up to 90. id try some cfl's @ www.1000bulbs.com, i think youll need some venting, a cpu fan or 2 will work in a small space. do some searching on the lowryder & lowryder 2 strains which i also beleave they are autoflowering. if you dont like lowryder, try to do lst or fimming (fim), & toping, these are methods that will keep your plant short & bushy, there on here as stickies.

8. it usually takes 3-4wks for them to mature enough, but some people start 12/12 from seed. its a personal prefrence, the longer you veg, the more bud youll get. but if space is a prob, then veg shorter, b/c the plant will double or triple in size once on 12/12 is started.

9. aight thanks. Space is gonna be a bit of a problem unless I rearrange the whole setup which Im probably gonna have to do. I plan on gettin some clamp lamps from walmart so I can put them at a high position above the plants once I induce flowering.

10. Bro why change from the hempy buckets??They are simplicity its self.All my mothers and outdoor plants are grown hempy bucket style.Great system way easier than soil imho.

11. I keep putting germinated seeds in soil and they keep fucking dying wtf am I doing wrong.. this has never happened before and I've done it this way before.

12. Did you check the temperature/relative humidity (RH%) ?

13. hey jcj77d, do you know how far the pollen from a plant, in this case a hermie can travel, it is in the woods with very dense brush, i have some femmes not too far away and i would normally kill it but, my buddy want's the seeds from it, we thought about a plastic barrier, have you ever had this situation i got about a 50ft distance right now, please help if you can, might move it up the mountain but were hoping for an easier solution without ot getting my femmes, thanks

14. Thanks. Yeah looking around this site I saw some things about Lowryder and MasterLow( I think.) So going with that strain, because of the short plant size. CFl are my plan now, after doing some reading. So get the Daylight ond and the White light one, what wattage? Thanks again.

15. I have'nt changed. I'm still making a decision as to which way to grow...er go.:cool:
    I'm open to suggestions,as I'm still building my grow room and have'nt actually started yet.;) As stated the "HEMPY" looks simple enough...

16. what exactly are u putting them in, & how u germinating. give me your step by step.

17. pollen is caried by wind or air movement, if you where able to keep a pretty good barrier around them (360 deg) & minimize air flow then maybe, also water kills pollen. try to keep the other plants higher than the others too. never experenced this, & most would dispose of them or move them to a safer location.

18. the rule of thumb is 100w per plant, & you need cool white (6500k) for veg & warm white (2700k) for flowering.

19. fox farm grow, earth juice grow, or pure blend pro?

20. You're the fuckin' man. Thanks. xD