So you want to grow Marijuana, your ?'s answered here.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jcj77d, Jul 27, 2007.

1. to lower your ph you can use phosphoric acid idk about raising it though, I've never needed to. And no I doubt your nutrients will tell you their ph I've never seen it anyway..... I was just saying mine lowers my ph.

2. .

I've heard Lemon juice drops it. Worked for me the short period of time I used nutes.

3. yeah citric acid works too

4. Thanks! Nice and simple.. for the opposite i guess baking soda would do the trick then. Now just to find my waters' approximate ph and im all set

5. You have to size the generator for the need...Don't oversize as you will burn fuel and waste it...Must exhaust outside with straight pipe! Or keep unit outside and deflect sound away from buildings/people...Diesel and military surplus are probably the best for the money...like the ones you can find here: https://greenmountaingenerators.com/

6. Hey guys. I'm wanting to grow in my backyard. I live in Southern California. I tried 50% compost 25% perlite and 25% soil from the back yard. The soil doesn't real seem drain that much. I am on a budget so I'm only able to go to homedepot. Wondering if you had any store bought soils you recommend that they might be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Fox farm ocean forest is great. It is a little hot for seedlings.

8. Well was thinking of using Dr. Earth potting mix with some perlite.

Any thoughts?

9. I personally haven't used it

10. Pricey from what I see. You can get fox farm for like 25$ per 1.5 cubic feet

11. Maybe try adding 15% more perlite or possibly another kind of aeration amendment, those bagged soils are pretty pricey huh?, I just got done building my first high quality living organic soil, about 40$ total and enough soil to last me years, I used those pricey bags for a while with bottled nutrients, gonna run this organic water only( besides act, SST and compost) mix and are what all the fuss is about:)

12. Thanks. Was wondering how much more I should put in the soil. Ya. Second time go for me. Had the soil all wrong last time plus over watering. So hopefully goes better from here this time around. Got 30 bag seeds of Facemelt from my buddy. So started germinating 5 just to get things started for now.

13. #33713 sour_street, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2016
    Just bought some white widow x big bud seeds goimg to be growing with cfls and soil How long do i keep in veg and with what light cycle also how long do i keep in flower on 12/12

Sent from my LG-D851 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Depends how big you want the plant and how large of a pot its in, I only veg for a week when I do SOG but for something like a SCROG you might veg for 5-7 weeks. You can run 24/0, 20/4 or 18/6 everyone has a different preference but they really only need 18 hours so you can save a bit of money on electricity running that light cycle. Once in flower it can take anywhere from 7-12 weeks depending on genetics. I usually wait until all the pistols have turned colour and receded, the calyxes have swollen and the resin glands develop a large bulbous head that is either white or amber. Once your at this point get a jewelers loop or pocket microscope and check the trichomes I like to harvest at 5% amber and 95% milky white, but some people wait until as much as 50% amber for that heavy stone and couchlock feeling.

15. Thanks !

Sent from my LG-D851 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Anyone can tell me about the white tips?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Could your dirt mix be to much for a youngin like that?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Idk why I'm testing it out. I believe it possible. At the moment they are looking ok.

That why*

19. Hey everybody is this a male?
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-S820L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. How many weeks?