So XBL now has a cute feature.

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Yourcatdead, Sep 25, 2010.

1. This is true, but not for all games, just a select few as of now. ufc, madden, etc

2. no
    you bought a used game right ? because companies now don't want to sell used games. They have a cd key to play online, and when you buy a used game, the cd key is obviously gone, so you pay. At least that's what i heard

3. Well duh, it's accounted for in the price of the game. But if you think it costs $60 straight from the publisher than you're thinking completely wrong.

4. I love the fact that the game developers...and namely EA are more worried about the used game market instead of piracy...which completely debunks their excuses for price hikes because of piracy in the first place.

games have gone the way of every other media form that becomes popular...CORPORATE.

so now instead of getting great games for decent prices....developers...namely publishers are releasing tons of crap games..and even worse...tons of games..bad and good, with horrible bugs glitches etc...because instead of spending the money or time to make sure their product works...they want YOUR money...and what if the game is broken? oops sorry, too bad its a software license, we cant refund that, oh and you want to fix it yourself? then we can sue you out the ass for DRM laws (digital rights management)

long rant short...yes the entire reason is so they can make more money...when in reality there is no grounds for it, because the brand new games have already sold...theyve adjusted the production levels to make money without having alot in stock...but they want johnny 10 yr olds 15 out of the entire 25 dollar birthday check he got from his grandma and spent on a used game..because well to them hes hurting their "potential profits".

oh and smokeebear I think you meant 100 million, not one =P