so will lexapro fuck me up long term?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by wenahaone, Sep 10, 2009.

1. My dad has a fat stockpile, and I was thinking some lexapro would make me happy and productive, or something. I dunno. was thinking of giving them a shot. so will taking them mess with my seritonin the rest of my life after I stop taking them? any other consequences? I guess I'm not supposed to drink when I take them.

2. Nah, Lexipro is an Anti-Depressent... It wont get you high at all. i was perscribed this for a while for depression. It's not worth taking.

3. I don't think you understood my question. but, thanks. i don't plan on taking "recreationally." will it really improve my mood? or aren't their dopamine anti depressants that do that? I have welbutrin. that stuff is quite weak. but I think it does something with dopamine.

4. Lexapro, like most SSRI's require a long term consistent dosage for them to work. If you only take them for a few days the side effects will be more enhanced, and the drug won't actually work the way it's supposed to. Besides which, I'm sure you Father needs them more than you do.

It's not worth it. There's no recreational value whatsoever, and unless you plan on taking them for longer than a month, there's no point in taking them at all.

I honestly can't believe this is even a question.

5. I believe that laxapro is a SSRI type of drug. As with all SSRI's they take up to two weeks to actually take affect in your body, and their side affects can be such that they GREATLY outweigh their benifits. However, unless you're on some other sort of SSRI, NSRI, ect.. and as long as you steer clear of any other seratonin altering drug (Mdma, Mda, ect..) you should be alright. You most likely will not notice much difference imo, but it won't "fuck you forever" I f you start experiencing any unwanted sideaffects DEFINITELY stop taking them immediately and call a doctor of it gets too bad. Hope this helps a little! :wave:

6. Ohhh, sorry i misunderstood. Um, when i was on it i didn't really feel much of a differance... and i don't really like being put on anti depressents.. but i was on it for a few months and i don't think it did anything noticable to me.

And yeah, it says you shouldn't drink on it.. just like alot of other pills. It'll cause drowzieness, and youll just get much more drunk with not alot of alcohol... Some people take them and than drink for that feeling.. I wouldn't do it, but i know people that do.
    hope that helped:)

7. He has a prescription for so much, and he cuts them in half and takes that much a day. so i can take his pills for quite a while w/o inconveniencing him. thank you for your concern, though.

i may just start taking them for a month. ugh. that is alot of commitment, though.

ya, i was hitchhiking in HI, and these people picked me up who were shrooming. this one chickwas acting really energetic and weird, and said the shrooms were interacting with her "seritonin pills."

another main thing I'm asking is how exactly will they interact with other drugs? will I od quicker? what? it supposedly takes a month for them to add up, so just not taking them that day I use whatever doesn't seem sufficient.:confused:

8. I wouldn't bother man. Doc said I should try an SSRI for a month, so I did. They just made me feel like shit. Took away all feelings, including good ones. Plus I don't like anything interfering with my trips.

9. If you used LSD or Shrooms while on any SSRI there will be some noticeable difference in the trip, but it should not be dangerous in any way. Like i said earlier DO NOT take Mdma or Mda while on any SSRI because thats an easy way to get Seratonin Syndrome which WILL fuck you up for ever and could possibly kill you. As long as you do some research before you take anything else on top of the lexapro you should be fine. Just be sure you DO RESEARCH like i said. You're right in saying that there would be no difference if you stopped taking them for one day, so make sure you know what you're taking and the possible outcome before you do it! :wave:

10. LOL fuck you up long term that made me laugh. If you are worried about it go see a doctor and see what he gives you. I know that with certain anti depressants, getting high will be different. You may need to dose higher to get the same effect ( of rec drugs )

11. You really, really don't want to do an SSRIs without a doctor's prescription.

12. You really, really don't want to do SSRIs period. :wave:

13. well, you guys persuaded me not to take them. maybe I'll just start taking my welbutrin again instead.

14. why take anything?

15. to make me more normal and happy and a big fuck head like everyone else. lol

...welbutrin is basically not anything btw.

16. Go see your doctor imo

17. Well if you have a serious problem then an anti depressant such as an ssri could be a life saver. The problem is the odds of finding the right one (or possibly any one) on the first try are very bad. It could take one dr visit or hundreds, it depends.

These drugs also have horrific side effects sometimes even after finding the right one for you.

My point is don't let scare tactics turn you off to something that can literally take your life back. Also, strongly consider if you really need a mind altering chemical taken everyday to make life livable.