So, who's watching the X Games?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Floydian, Jun 29, 2012.

1. That time of the year already :eek:

Brusco just landed the first 900 in skate Megaramp/Big Air competition, not bad for a fifteen year old. Sure it's only elimination rounds, but who cares :p

MotoX Freestyle should be up later tonight.

2. i used to go every year in huntington beach but they moved that shit to LA. too far.

3. I haven't been able to go to any professional action sport competitions :(

Watchin' X and Dew Tour on HDTV is fine 'n all... but just once I would like to see Jamie Bestwick ride bmx vert in person. Hopefully he competes 'til he's DMC's age, so I might get the chance.

Fuckers at X Games need to bring back BMX dirt, too!

4. blading isn't apart of the x games anymore right?

5. If I recall the last year of inline skating @ X was 2004.

I sure did enjoy watching the Yasutoko brothers.

6. I like to throw it on when it's on but I don't go crazy over it.

7. sucks because I always thought inline was one of the most exciting games and way more versatile than boarding.

8. It was a shame to lose an original X Games sport, but I suppose they can only cram so much shit in to 4 days, ya know?

Big Air and Rally started right around/after they did away with Inline, both are massive undertakings (and fan draws.) In a sheer popularity contest between BMX/Skate/Inline, Inline would always come last, unfortunately I assume that's part of why it was chosen to be discontinued.

X Games are always questionable, weather it be formats, venues, or what have you... but each year the athletes show up with their biggest shit anyway. I suppose that's what counts :D

9. Always tune into the x games every summer. Its like a tradition with me and my bros usually wake n baken then watching the events. My favorite event is tonight in moto x best trick. And maybe a 1080 will be thrown in big air which would be so sick

10. There might be a 720 (not Pastrana's corked 360 backflip) in MotoX best trick tonight :D

Props to Garret Reynolds for the fifth (out of 5) gold medals in BMX Street. Chad Kerley rode amazing (Roche too!) but just couldn't stop the Reynolds-Train.

11. [quote name='"Floydian"']

There might be a 720 (not Pastrana's corked 360 backflip) in MotoX best trick tonight :D

Props to Garret Reynolds for the fifth (out of 5) gold medals in BMX Street. Chad Kerley rode amazing (Roche too!) but just couldn't stop the Reynolds-Train.[/quote]

Damn that was the finals for bmx street tonight? I thought it was qualifiers. Why wouldn't they have that on tv

12. best thing about the xgames is it gets better every year. everything those dude is insane, my favorite event is the moto best whip.

13. #14 Floydian, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
    It was on ESPN3/ESPN3D, and yes it was the finals. Came down to Garrets very last run, on a 1 point deficit. Good thing I checked the online schedules myself or I'd have missed it as I don't have ESPN3 on cable.

Eventually I'm pretty sure ESPN will put it up under the replays section of their stream. I thought it might already be there, but it isn't :(

Edit; http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/480968/size/condensed/# <---- Street replay

14. Lol at Kobe telling the cameras to back off

15. I bet Kobe got told to back off once before. That shit ended in a court case :p

16. [quote name='"Floydian"']

I bet Kobe got told to back off once before. That shit ended in a court case :p[/quote]

Haha true that. Damn best whip was a complete popularity contest.

17. #18 Floydian, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
    It always has been. I'm thoroughly surprised Potter didn't win just on his facial hair credentials. Can't hate on Twitch though, his whips are classic.

One of the best step up competitions to date. Renner is a BAD. MAN. Hopefully they've got all the dimensions and plans for that lip saved away so they can replicate the jump next year.

Mr. Burnquist ridin' away with an other Big Air gold, like a true warrior. No 1080 out of Shaar, but I suppose it really wasn't expected, the ramp differences were too much.

MotoX Best Trick was fun, the new varials were great... Also, I've never been much of a fan of Kyle Loza... 'tis the judges fault but he pretty much stole a medal or two right out from Bilcos nose in years passed, but I felt fucking awful for him last night. It's like Travis said, these fellas put years and years of work in to a single trick (in this case, a gold medal trick FOR SURE,) then to know you simply can not physically perform the trick and have to give up... thats a tough one. Poor guy was crying out of sheer frustration.

BMX Park is looking decent today, but I'm not on board with the park courses of late. Sure the conctrete bowl-ish themed courses are beautiful, so much speed and flow, but shit, there's only one box-ish style jump on the whole course. I understand at X they want to have unique parks that aren't seen at every other event, but if you want the best, most innovative and packed-with-new-banger-runs, they need a slightly more conventional set up. I'm sure there's guys working on runs all year, only to show up and realize they can't get the right set ups for half of their bangers.

Edit; Hotwheels challenge coming up!!!

18. that tom schaar kid is going to be a beast in 5 years

19. Am I the only one that found this to be really lame??:confused: