So whats your typology?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by propianotuner, Feb 25, 2014.

1. http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

As for me, I'm an INTP.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/personality/intp

So what type are you? Do you think that it describes you very well. Personally, I didn't think that their assessment of INTP's was all true of me, but I have to admit it was pretty close to the mark.

2. INTP/INTJ is the most accurate representation of me. However, these tests don't account for the subtle nuances each one of us possesses which makes us unique. I don't think any one person would fit these descriptions to a T.

3. #3 propianotuner, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014

I'm sure you're right. Yet learning about typology can be useful both in terms of contemplating your tendencies and motivations and possibly their root causes, and in terms of contemplating the other types and whether or not you properly understand those people, why you interact (or don't interact) with them the way that you do. As for me, I can easily grow tired of extraverts, and feelers and judgers make me feel like a little green man from mars sometimes. Feelers just seem to gush without any rhyme or reason, and judgers exacerbate me with what seems like an incredible haste to come to conclusions, almost to the point of carelessness. Of course, I'm generalizing here because people both spend time alone and with others, both use intuition and their senses, both think and feel, and both perceive and judge. What I was describing there was how strong examples of extroverts, feelers, and judgers seem to make me respond. Part of it may be that I tend more towards the extremes in each letter of my typology, especially in perception and introversion. Forming conclusions and deciding to spend time with large groups of people, are things that happen at a snail's pace for me, lol.

4. honestly, i peg them as being as "accurate" as a horoscope or an iq test.

so not at all. but seemingly, to some.

5. yea the questions seem like they apply to almost everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Ummmm... That's because they're supposed to. It's typology. Ever heard of a guy named Carl Jung? He founded modern analytical psychology. This Myers Briggs test was primarily based upon his work on typology, and it wasn't so much a way to perfectly describe people but to give them an idea of their category, what they might need to work on, how they relate to the other types, etc. So, while I didn't personally connect with everything that comes with being an "INTP", I have found that I need to work on not being overly analytical, to the point that my preference for discrimination and precision makes me abrasive. Also, I find myself second guessing my conclusions all the time. Which is why when I first looked into this stuff years ago it was helpful, totally unlike horoscope readings.

7. hey, get whatever value from it you can. its always good to be improving yourself no matter the reason.

however, i personally see no value in defining people by vague characteristics