So, what's the deal with fluoride???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, Mar 21, 2012.

1. #61 Swills, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
    Before I leave for tonight, what say you when scientists/doctors agree with me that fluoride is bad? Are they quacks as well? So what science is legit and what isn't? Science from the Gov't only? Surely not, right? Besides the Gov't studies, I'm sure there have been non bias studies done from non governmental science right? You know what would be great? If you would source them to help your argument because calling us quacks while saying you support Science just doesn't cut it with me, and others I'm sure.

Here's some scientists and doctors who don't agree with you (the first one is from the Fluoride Action Networt, oh noes!)

Dr. Paul Connett
    Dr. James S. Beck
    H. Spedding Micklem
    And they published,

The Case Against Fluoride

\t\t\tHow Hazardous Waste Ended Up in Our Drinking Water and the Bad Science and Powerful Politics That Keep It There

And it's not like these guys are the only ones with backgrounds in science who disagree with you.

2. FIFY

Who's the one actually selling the snake oil here??? These people are saying putting flouride in drinking water does no good for your teeth, it's only good using it on your teeth, as you would with toothpaste, then spitting it back out, if anything the quacks here are the list you gave, who are trying to convince the sheep that will listen to their nonsense that flouride in the water helps fight tooth decay. :rolleyes:

The ones saying it does no good aren't trying to sell an alternative, they're just pointing out the fact that it's comepletely STUPID to continue putting fluoride in this, that and the other, when it is a known fact that in high enough amounts, it becomes toxic.

3. How is flouride in my water going to prevent tooth decay? Note that after water is consumed, 99+% of it is quickly swallowed.

As usual, Penelope is throwing logically fallacious arguments around like it's her job of which the most prominent is her argument from authority.

4. ""Experts" are commonly quoted. It is possible to find someone with scientific credentials who is against just about anything. Most "experts" who speak out against fluoridation, however, are not experts on the subject. There are, of course, a few dentists and physicians who oppose fluoridation. Some of them object to fluoridation as a form of government intrusion, even though they know it is safe and effective."

No, I just understand the difference between science and quackery.

5. Apparantly not since you got the two confused, as stated above^^^ :wave:

6. To use your tired, mentally retarded argument against you:

What is your scientific background?

7. #67 HongKongPhooey, Mar 22, 2012
    I just think, would our ancestors be drinking flouridated water in a natural setting? Since 99.99999999% of the time the answer would be no, I don't want to either.

Also, if you want to buy bottled water I'd go after Distilled Water. Its PH Neutral, which is good for the body's equilibrium and in digesting nutrients. While Tap Water's PH can vary greatly(All you Scientific Growers can attest to this).

Whoever said Distilled Water is dangerous is an idiot. The only way its "dangerous" is if you drink to much of it. It may not contain Calcium, Magnesium or Sodium but these are things you can find readily available in plenty of food sources, drinking them is not needed.

But if you're buying Plastic Bottles, I'd drink the stuff quick.

Plastic Bottles Release Potentially Harmful Chemicals (Bisphenol A) After Contact With Hot Liquids

:eek:

8. It reminds me of the line at the end of my favorite Ron Paul video:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fHfdSi-GDo]Ron Paul: What if the People Wake Up? - YouTube[/ame]

"What happens if my concerns are completely unfounded? Nothing.
    But what happens if my concerns are justified and ignored? Nothing good."

9. I worked as a cosmetic chemist from 2001-2007, apprenticed under two world renowned skincare chemists, and I'm married to a chemical engineer who has worked in the science field for over 20 years.

10. Yeah, thats why I don't buy their BPA bullshit. No thanks, I'll keep to 80s plastic cups, they rock!

11. That clearly makes you more qualified than everyone here to comment on hydrofracking.

12. I'm not sure if you guys know this, but sodium fluoride (the fluoride in water) is a by product of aluminum making.. the sodium fluoride was deemed too toxic to dump into the ground by the EPA, so my guess is that they managed to trump a study that make it look like drinking fluoride would help teeth, and then lobbied the hell out of it.

we're drinking poison

13. When did I comment on hydrofracking? Huh? :confused:

Think my background isn't relevant? Replace "fluoride" with sodium lauryl sulfate, propylene glycol, methylparaben, triethanolamine, petroleum, copolymers, nuclear power, and I've heard these same exact "poisonmogering" tactics a million times before.

Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division - dihydrogen monoxide info

14. this thread, nuts man. i cant believe that they would try to push fluoride in bottled water.

15. Guy's guys.... the conspiracy doesn't HINGE on the fact of whether lab-created pure fluoride that we are supposed too be useing is good or bad for your health..... Someone else already hit the nail on the head, mentioning the problem is the different types of fluoride potentially being used in the fluoridation process......

Proponent's of the conspiracy are adamant that the fluoride being used is a chemical by-product, which produces multiple types of fluoride chemical with varying level's of danger's including contamination.

16. Probably federal prison as a terrorist...Secretary of Defense has complete control over U.S. water resources...

Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness | The White House

Part II Sec. 201

17. See this is how it always goes, if people disagree with a conspiracy they try to "out crazy the crazies" and make them look foolish. Why can't you act like an adult?

If you really think Flouride is the same thing as a stupid as Water Scare, well I just feel bad for you at this point.

18. #79 sudo toke, Mar 22, 2012

Fluoride is in rat poison, therefore it must be bad for you.
    Fluoride is in your body, therefore...?

Even too much water can kill you... the proper amount is key.
    Even too much weed can... well, that's a bad example... you just get outrageously high and pass out...

19. That's like saying, you should drink one teaspoon of oil because it's good for you. But if you don't drink it, your joints will become weak. If you over drink it, it's bad for you...

The fact is that nobody shouldn't consume oil. Period. It's only for mechanical operating system that requires oil... Same goes for fluoride. It's only good for the teeth but it's not meant to consume.