So, what's the deal with fluoride???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I've seen a couple of comments about fluoride before, although I dont remember exactly what the topic was or how they were related, anyways, I came across this article, and read the part about fluoride, and it really made me curious...

Vitals - Bottled water may boost kids' tooth decay, dentists say

So dentists are trying to push fluoriidated water on us over bottled water now. Okay, what's the agenda there, so I googled and found...

Fluoride Action Network

So, what's going on with that?:confused_2:

2. also heard it calcifies your pineal gland. not cool!

3. Whenever there is a small, but vocal, minority protesting commonly accepted science, it should raise a red flag.

Most of the claims against Flouride have been debunked or shown to be exaggerated or misrepresented. People will keep on keeping on. It gives them something to care about, I guess.

4. #5 Swills, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
    Or not.
    National Academy of Sciences on Fluoride in Drinking Water

National Academy of Sciences - Community Water Fluoridation - Oral Health
    Too Much Fluoride in Water!! « Chiropractic, Physical Medicine and Wellness Care
    Those with cancer should probably avoid fluoridated water

Scientific Facts on the Biological Effects of Fluorides

Top 10 Reasons why you don't want Fluoride in your system (here's #4)

5. CONSPIRACY THEORY! INTO PANDORA BOX!

Right, right?

6. maybe my lenient, nicotine diet will counter the health defects? :p

7. Your thread is a good example of how misinformation spreads on the internet by using incomplete data, and data taken out of context.

I especially love the "flouride is in Rat Poison" point. This is exactly how fear mongering works.

Dihydrogen Monoxide is a key component in commercial pesticides, biochemical weapons, commercial solvents, and kills far more people every year then Flouride. WATCH OUT!

Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division - dihydrogen monoxide info

8. I don't really care where it goes, as long as people understand what they are dealing with.

9. #10 Swills, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
    That was just one small example, which is true, fluoride is in rat poison. But nevermind the fact you ignored the National Academy of Sciences report.

Everyone has their own opinions on every issue, you clearly support fluoride in water, which does not improve our teeth, not at the levels they've been pumping in.

Thankfully, my county that I reside in read said report and reassured everyone that they do not put fluoride in our drinking water.

No Fluoride in Suffolk County Water Authority's Drinking Supply

January 18, 2011
    Oh, and too boot, no one but you ever said fluoride killed anyone. According to the conspiracy the whole point is not to kill you because that would be all too obvious :rolleyes:, but conspiracy aside, it is NOT good for you.

10. while I want to believe in some conspiracy to turn us all into zombie eggplants for invading the universe...i have my doubts...

[​IMG]

11. But... Could it be.... Cthulhu?:confused_2:

:laughing:

12. #13 Penelope420, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012

I'm on my phone away from my desk at the moment. I will address it. It's not nearly as alarming as you think.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I choose to base my opinion on recognized science- not small snippets of quotes and studies taken out of context by a small minority of detractors. My husband (a trained scientist) and I researched this topic thoroughly a decade ago because my community does not fluoridate its water and I wanted to make an informed choice on giving my toddler flouride supplements.

13. If I remember right, the same 'scientist' that told us flouride helps prevent tooth decay is the same guy that stated ddt was completely safe.

It's sad to see so many people dismiss evidence because they don't have the motivation to research it themselves. I suppose it's much easier to just deny everything then it is to spend a little time educating yourself on the issue.

how bout we compare how much of U.S. water is fluoridated compared to other countries....? Looking at the numbers, it's pretty obvious that americans would rather stick their head in the sand.

This issue reminds me alot of the GMO issues....where america will always be a step behind the rest of the world.

14. Right, fluoride is good for the teeth. However, it's not good to consume.. BIG DIFFERENCE.

15. When you get off your phone and actually explore what my thread was about then you can come back and tear me a new one if it pleases you but I did not post information that wasn't based off science. Please, post all the findings you and your husband did all those years ago, when you get off your phone of course.

16. hey if the government sas its good for us, it has to be right !?

:rolleyes:

I wish I could live as ignorantly as some people...

:D

17. #18 Swills, Mar 22, 2012
    It's funny you bring up the topic of other countries and fluoride. In my thread (http://forum.grasscity.com/pandoras-box/815130-hey-thats-poison-fluoride-your-water.html ) I covered that as well but I'll post some it here.

Statements from European Health, Water, & Environment Authorities on Water Fluoridation

According to conspiracy theorists, fluoridating the water supply began in Nazi Germany. I dunno if there's any truth to that.

18. Nazi Germany did in fact come up with the idea of using Fluoride in water supplies . It was used to make people more docile, or "dumb down" the people..

This is a fact..

:(

19. #20 Swills, Mar 22, 2012
    When I wrote that thread of mine last year I did a little searching for the Nazi connection but didn't come up with much. I only know about it because of Jesse Ventura. He was on the Howard Stern show and during the interview he brought that up. In fact, it was because of him that I started looking into fluoride and ended up writing that thread.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L3I5-AuPqQ]Jesse Ventura - The Howard Stern Show 4-05-2011 Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrLq3ByM8qk&feature=like-suggest[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y98E7q-XvA&feature=like-suggest[/ame]