So what will happen now, after main stem snapped? Update

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Deleted member 942883, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Growing a blueberry outside. Plant was about 3 ft talll. Was well staked but a wicked Windstorm snapped the main step and ripped it off. I'm left with a two foot tall plant, four branches remaining, then from there up it's just a 6 inch stem, no nodes. Sorry for no pics, forgot camera.

I think it will be fine, but will any new branches come out of the main stem above the break? Will new branches grow off the side branches?

Same thing happened to my fire OG but it was just a bend with a very slight tear at one spot. Splinted it with a popsicle stick and it seems to be doing fine. Dodged a bullet there hopefully.

This is my third grow so I am still learning allot, I'm up in Vermont fwiw.

any advice appreciated

Thanks all

2. It just got topped. Your remaining four branches will become the mains. You should notice all the growth below the snap increase.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  3. Cool.

Thx. But will any new branches come off the stem or the remaining four branches?

4. I have had a storm break plants in half in july and they came back bushed out well and still a decent yeild, mother nature may have just helped you.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I just wish the blueberry broke a little further up to leave me more branches but seems like it'll be interesting watching what it does.

6. Depending on the strain, the remaining branches may add a bunch of side branches.
    As far as the main stem, there won't be new branches on it. It won't try to regrow anything it's lost or create something that wasn't there - it will grow in thickness to support those four branches, and the plant will now grow taller through those new tops.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. The biggest risk here is infection. When I have a big break like that, I put clone ex on the cut to act as a disinfectant. Otherwise, the plant will bounce back but has lost it's full potential.

• Like Like x 1
  8. So it seems to be doing fine. Looks good, covered the to of the stem work done painter's tape until I can get something better. There seems to be new growth coming in at every node on the remaining branches. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like in a month. I'm thinking I'll have a blueberry Bush, who knows how tall it'll get.

Pics below of the plant, and one example of the new growth. I'll post some pics on a few weeks so you guys can see how it's coming along.

The OG that bent is looking just fine.

Attached Files:

9. Just wanted to update anyone who's interested on how things have turned out.

The blueberry plant is looking fine and dandy. The four main branches have added about 6 in in length and new side branches are coming in at every node. I think it's going to be just fine, Really interested to watch it grow and see how it shapes up, how tall it gets, what it looks like during flower etc

The hso og plant that got bent over was splinted with a popsicle stick and wire. it has healed up just fine and looks happy and healthy. Picture of that one below as well. Which is which is obvious Lol

I'm going to start a grow Journal if if anyone cares to follow how these plants do from here on out. Just look for blueberry hso OG grow outdoors Vermont.

Thanks for the advice all!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Quick update for those who helped after my blueberry plant completely snapped off 1/3 up when it was 3 ft tall.

Plant is doing pretty amazing, the four remaining branches are all 67 in tall. tons of side branches this basically a giant Bush. Check out the picture below, pretty cool to watch this thing to develop this way.

Should start seeing flowers starting right around August 1st.

Thanks again everyone

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Looks good man. I got all mine bent over and bushing up. Just tied a rope to each and bent it right over anchoring to a planter. I clear the biggest fans out of the center to allow light all the way through to smaller nodes. I'm taking advantage of a long season. I won't harvest till October. Unless it matures early. They'll likely be 6 to 7 ft. but have a lot of nodes and flower weight.

12. Nice, this strain ( BC early bluberry) is supposedly in a ready to go out. 1st Outdoors but I'm going to push it as long as possible. Same with the hso OG that is right next to it.

where I am the problem you run into at the end of the season is Bud rot from the fall rain and humidity. Last year it was super bad and I had to deal with a little bit of Bud rot. Now that I've gone through that once and know what to look for and how to handle it I feel more comfortable pushing these plants as far as they can go this year.

Good luck my friend

• Like Like x 1
  13. The norcal region is definitely not early fall rain-proof. We even have an occasional summer thunderstorm. It's just how you react. If we have a storm, I defoliate by about 20 percent. Take all the biggest fans out. Literally zero reason to have fans laying on top of each other. Get your weight sir!

14. That looks good. I bent a main stem pretty good when I was LST and the leaves above it look dead I may just cut it but this thread helps me to make that decision.

15. You have time before flower starts. Probably a week or 2. If you cut it, the plant has ample time to recover.

• Like Like x 1