Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So, what makes a seasoned toker?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by iKonic, May 16, 2005.

1. This thread might have been done before, but how could I search for it? hahah

So, I ask the seasoned tokers.. what makes a seasoned toker? Their education on it? How long they've been smoking? If they cough or not.. I'm just curious.. the only thing I've heard, was when B-Haze told me rookies leave her collar wet. :D

Oh, by the way.. if this has been done before can someone please link me to the thread and a mod lock this one please? Thanks. ^_^

2. The ability to remain calm, control emotions and not freak out

3. When you post in this forum you become a seasoned toker? I dunno how it works...

4. Always remaining chill under any circumstance. No paranoia shit.

5. Having many stories, experinces, learnings, while high. Having a couple seasons of smoking, and being educated on the subject.

6. I don't care if you have been smoking for 20 years, if you are not educated on the subject of marijuana then you are not a seasoned toker, just a stoner. A seasoned toker will remain chill when necessary and take control of situations that get out of control and not freak out.

7. remaing calm and not freaking out is a big factor for me. that means when you see the cops while driving, you dont do stupid shit or act nervous. i have a fried, and maybe it's because he never buys what he smokes (other people always smoke him out, but he's done the same to me a few times) who does dumb shit every now and then, which is annoying, same for other people i know. they freak out about cops and parents way too much, which is sad because it means they cannot fully enjoy the experience of being high. knowledge is another thing, but anyone can pick up a copy of the canibible, read it, and memorize it. being able to look and telling by how well it hits and such is real knowledge, not just reading books. all things aside, remaining calm and chill is the true sign of a seasoned smoker for me.

8. none of that 'control' crap. its a matter of time and knowledge of weed as a plant.

9. Yeah, like the first month I started smoking I could control myself, like I wouldn't freak out if a cop came by or anything. BUT the first month I started smoking I didn't "respect" weed as I do now. Sometimes I sorta meditate when I'm high and one of my philosiphies (it may sound stupid) is that the more people respect weed and the more experience they get they get to a new level of respect and appritiation (sp?) of weed. Atleast that's what I've noticed about me.

10. When you stop acting like an immature little kid about the subject... Staying calm when a cop stops you and is like "what were you doing?"... Knowing how to handle yourself in public... Having a couple seasons under your belt...

Yeah... It's a combination of things :)

11. Analytical:
    Seasoned only means a period of time. Each season typically lasts 3 months. Seasoned is an adjective that expresses more than one season, so lets assume you have at least smoked consistently for 6+ months. Some seasoned items (good alcohol, wood, etc) are considered seasoned after many many years...

My Ideal:
    This is a Learning/Teaching message board. Seasoned Tokers would be people who have smoked for a long time. I'd say years... This should be a place for people who have smoked for years to come and chat about their experiences. And for those who have been smoking for over 6 months to come and ask questions that aren't answered in the Rec Room; more weed education based questions. I'm not saying inexperienced smokers can't come in here and comment on what they read, there is a ton to be learned about weed and what to do with weed by seasoned tokers. (I have a lot to learn still.) But why make threads that keep the seasoned folks from even coming in this room.

12. I think smoking for years makes you a seasoned toker.

13. Experience, and the knowledge that follows.

14. It depends on the person, with in two months from the time I started smoking I learned a massive amount about weed and went from asking questions to helping people. Some people can become seasoned in something with in a matter of months some never quite reach it. I would say one of the things is that the "noob high” wears off and you start to get the regular stoner high that is quite different from the “noob high”. That seems to be something you have to get past to really experience cannabis as a seasoned toker.

15. i like that ...... youre good at this forum posting thing huh .. lol

16. I've been posting on message boards for probably over 6 years. This is my first weed message board though. GC is by far the best message board I have been to (mainly because of the number of active users and subject matter). There is much less tension than the one I use to admin/host, but then again stoners seem to be much more mellow. :)

17. [quote name='iKonic']This thread might have been done before, but how could I search for it? hahah

Use the "seach" button ???:D

And you become seasoned after smoking a certain amount over a long period of time, once you become experianced with the ganja :D

18. hahah I meant, how could I search for the subject when it's the name of a sub-forum! But I gotchya'. lol

Anyways, alright.. I kind of see how you guys think on this matter. I do consider myself seasoned because of my knowledge of the plant from books and experience. Also, my ''noob high'' is well, long gone. Of course a few other things make me think that as well, but nothing majorly important. Thanks for the info guys. :)

19. experience....... being able to handle yourself in different situations...