So what do ya think?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jjburnout, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Hello all...

So after alot of reading and alot of help from GC.... here is my cabinet.

Included:

250 watt digital ballast (MH for veg and HPS for flowering)
    140 cfm squirrell cage exhaust fan
    two 2.5" intake vents
    Aquarium air pump
    two 3" bubble stones
    350L/H submersible pump for drip
    24" x 16" x 8.5" rubbermaid bubble box for six 3"pots (only going to use 4)
    cabinet is 32"W x 26"D x 48"H

I have seeds en-rout from Gypsy's Nirvana (white widow, white rino, Arjan haze #1 & #3, A.M.S.)
    AN iguana juice Grow/Bloom
    AN turantula, piranah, bud blood and big bud
    1" rockwool cubes for seedlings
    Hydroton rocks
    TDS meter
    PH kit
    Humidity dome for seedlings with cfl lighting

This is my first indoor grow so im trying to be well prepared for whats in store.... Am I missing anything? Any Advice/Tips before i Germinate? Oh ya.... once my roots reach the reservoir, can i do away with the drip? is the drip even needed at all? Any and all feedback appreciated.....

P.S. I know im a horrible speller :smoking:

Attached Files:

2. Nice setup, bro. Really clean and well thought out grow plan. It's gonna look real purdy in there with a couple of plants. +rep. Where are your intakes - I don't see them in the pics. Is odor gonna be a problem?

3. Hey thanks man...I just fired her up tonight and temps were at 85-91 degrees...too hot so I drilled two more 2.5" intake holes. Holdin steady at 76.1-76.8 degrees....perfect. :) As far as smell goes...If it becomes a problem im gonna build a nice carbon filter. Or I can run a piece of flex from the exhaust through the ceiling and tie it in to the bathroom exhaust fan duct. Not sure how stinkie it will get in here :smoking:

4. Stoner...lol. forgot the pic :rolleyes:
    Just checked temp again and its 78 degrees 8" from 250 MH...76 degrees 6" off bubble box :)

Attached Files:

5. Perfect! Good luck on your grow!

6. That shit's lookin good dog! You got pretty much everything covered.

7. What kind of air pump do you have?? I would add more air stones and more pumps if the pump you have is just one of those small ones. Other then that, the box looks great!

8. I have a nice size dual outlet pump and a small wally world single output pump.... both pumps run to a single manifold and then into box. If i need another air stone i can add one later... should be ok though.

9. So i have been running this cabinet for the past cppl hours and temps seem a little high. go figure...temps were awesome the other night.

I Have the exhaust running 130 cfm i think(maybe 140) and a 6" circulation fan running inside the cab. just off the bubble box its 80.3 have another sensor hanging and its reading 84. circ fan is pointed at the bubblebox...

I already have three 2.5" intake holes, should i drill a fourth? will this bring temps back down to mid-high 70's? or am i going to have to get a vented reflector?

**If you are ever looking for a reason to smoke.... put 3 thermometers in the same spot and try to get an accurate temp :)**