Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So.. what do my lungs look lilke?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Superbeastdj, Jun 15, 2007.

1. I don't smoke cigg's but I've been smoking cannabis for around... a year with often use.

and by often use I mean going to partys and smoking a quarter ounce throughout the day and then smoking a gram or two the next day mabye skipping a day here and there.

But.. I was curious... are my lungs black with tar???

would be rather interesting to see what a year of smoking weed has done to them.

2. Absolutely nothing.

3. Honestly it would depend more on where you live than how much grass you smoke. Marijuana has a brochodialator effect. It relaxes your bronchial tubes and actually makes it easier for the crap that shouldn't be in there to be coughed out.

If you live in the 951/909 though, may god have mercy on your soul. The air is so bad here that you can have cigarette smokers lung even when you don't smoke.

4. Brutal.

5. Coolios. was just curious.

and nah, I live in a relatively good area for air .. atleast I think so.

6. I honestly wonder this a lot myself. I would also be curious to take a brain scan and see if marijuana has effected anything.

7. my lungs look just as good as the cannabis i toke

8. That's like saying that different kinds of smoke are good for you and have health benefits when in fact the opposite is true. Lungs are designed to take in oxygen Stop smoking and buy a vaporizer.

Excuse the rant but smoking is just plain stupid.

9. You'd be a fool to think this. Inhaling smoke does damage to your lungs, whether you like it or not.

10. take it easy olmeca, smoking is the biggest part of the cannabis culture. Its not all about getting to the point of being stoned, it has a lot to do with the journey.

11. Sorry for the rant and I do agree, the preparation of and the smoking of is very much a ritual but it is the illusion that its good for you and your health when there are far better ways of getting stoned that needs to be busted.

But I digress :smoke:

12. I have a vaporizer and I still like to smoke, not for the ritual just cuz it gives you a different high. vaporizers obviously dont give you the variety of cannibinoids that smoking does because the high is so different, I like it better personally

13. Olmeca I never said smoking isn't bad for you. What I said was that the particluate matter produced by the combustion of cannabis is too large to enter deep lung tissue and thus is easier to hack up when compared to tobacco.

If you need a study to verify this fact, Google is your friend.Of
    course vaporization is prime. Not everyone likes the buzz it provides. I sure do love my VB unit though.

14. Why? Smoking pot isnt bad for you.

I'm tired of reading posts like yours... Some people cant afford a vaporizer. Some people can't afford dank. Some people cant find dank.

Lungs, believe it or not, are evolved (not designed) to take in air, not oxygen. Talking about plain stupid; air is mostly nitrogen.

Marijuana smoke does have 'tar' in it. There are over 400 different molecules found in a marijuana plant. Only about 20 of them are canabinoids, which get you high. Yes, by using a vaporizer you essentially only burn those 20 canabinoids (in theory). It all depends on the heat of vaporization of every molecule (someday I'm going to document every one)

OR you could make one of those soldering iron lighters.

Your lungs are probably pink, with little dots of black all around. Marijuana smoke is absolutely harmless when compared to all of the pollutants in the air (ozone, N2O), or even tobacco smoke.

However, even if you smoke pot until the day you die, I dont think your going to die of lung problems. Your heart would probably give in first.

15. there still is no proof mj smoke causes lung cancer.

16. Actually, I think there's proof (or is it just believed? not sure) that thc helps cancer. Crazy, but I think it's true.

17. OK... I've done quite a bit of research into this matter... As for what your lungs actually LOOK like... They probably got some brown/black spots from the tars, and heat of the smoke. Inhaling smoke of any kind causes lesions in the lung tissue (it's their natural response to smoke)...

The tar content in cannabis is nearly identical to the tar content of tobacco, BUT like someone else already said, the cannabis tars concentrate more in your upper respiratory tract; As opposed to tobacco which focuses in your smaller bronchial tubes, and in the bottom of your lungs.

Also, cannabis dilates your bronchial tubes, which makes it easier to get the crap outta your lungs... And yes, it has been shown in several independent studies to kill several types of cancer.

So far, the only real negative physical affect (that's been found so far) smoking MJ has on your lungs is that it increases your likelihood of developing things like bronchitis and upper respiratory infections... Which both suck, but they're a walk in the park compared to emphysema and cancer...

18. Bullshit!!!!I am nearly 40 years old.I have smoked both cigs and pot fo over 20 years.when i was 25 i could barly breath in the morning and was smoking light cigs.I later became addicted to cocaine and quit smoking pot as i couldent afford both and HAD to have coke.during the years of my cocaine addiction my lungs cleared out A ton I went from barly being able to breath in the morning to smoking camal non filters.Now that iv recovered from my cocaine addiction and am smoking pot heavily again im back to filtered cigs and am on the verge of quiting because once again I can barely breath.Look at the inside of your favorite pipe and tell me that tar and goo is good for you.if you believe that your fooling yourself.But hey it is your body,do with it as you will but dont lie to these people and tell them that smoking pot dose not effect their health.if you want to be completely safe ingest or vaporize!!

19. Quick question... If you were to take an old stoner that recently passed and opened up his lungs... How much resin do you think you could scrape out?

20. Anuff to get high...