Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So Weed and Asthma.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Greenville, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Since when did weed become effective against asthma? It's weird I quit smoking for a few months and found out I had asthma and never knew it. I start smoking again and I hardly notice my asthma.

2. All smoke can be effective against asthma. People just like to single out weed as if weed smoke is so different than any other type of smoke. my last asthma attack was from being at a barbeque when i was 12.lol

I have asthma but never had an attack or any trouble once i started smoking. Started smoking senior year in high school. Ran cross country every year. once i started smoking, i noticed my breathing was better during races and I cut my time down 4 minutes within less than a month from when i began blazing everyday after practice.

3. I have asthma and the only time i really have trouble is at night when asthma is the worst. I take huge tokes out of this bowl i have and i take the toke with ease. I use my inhalers quite often though, i'm also allergic to cats and my friends have them and thats where i smoke 99% of the time. If i took my allergy pills singulair(works for asthma and allergies), then i would be absolutely fine but my pills are expensive so i haven't go 'em yet again

4. You got faster because you probably trained harder idiot....

But yeah, I have asthma too, it bugged me big time during XC, but never had a problem with smoking weed and asthma

5. Weed helps with asthma because opens the capillaries in the lungs, unlike tobacco and other smoke which constricts them.

6. All smoke does not help the lungs. Being around any kind of tobacco smoke makes me cough like a bitch.

7. How about since 1974 on? (from "Granny's MMJ List" - 1st link in my sig)

ASTHMA

Acute effects of smoked marijuana and oral delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol on specific airway conductance in asthmatic subjects (full - 1974)
    Acute effects of smoked marijuana and oral delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol on specific airway conductance in asthmatic subjects

Effects of smoked marijuana in experimentally induced asthma. (full - 1975)
    Effects of Smoked Marijuana in Experimentally Induced Asthma

Bronchodilator effect of delta1-tetrahydrocannabinol administered by aerosol of asthmatic patients. (full - 1976)
    Bronchodilator effect of delta1-tetrahydrocannabinol administered by aerosol of asthmatic patients.

Bronchial effects of aerosolized delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (abst - 1977)
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

Bronchodilator effect of delta1-tetrahydrocannabinol. (full - 1978)
    Bronchodilator effect of delta1-tetrahydrocannabinol.

Comparison of bronchial effects of nabilone and terbutaline (abst - 1983)

Acute and subacute bronchial effects of oral cannabinoids. (abst - 1984)

ANALGESIC AND ANTIINFLAMMATORY ACTIVITY OF CONSTITUENTS OF CANNABIS SATIVA L. (full - 1988)
    http://www.ukcia.org/research/AnalgesicAndAntiInflammatoryActivityofConstituents.html

Therapeutic aspects of cannabis and cannabinoids. (full - 2001)
    Therapeutic aspects of cannabis and cannabinoids -- ROBSON 178 (2): 107 -- The British Journal of Psychiatry

New Synthetic Delta-9-THC Inhaler Offers Safe, Rapid Delivery (news - 2005)
    New Synthetic Delta-9-THC Inhaler Offers Safe, Rapid Delivery, Phase I Study

The Cannabinergic System as a Target for Anti-inflammatory Therapies
    (abst - 2006)
    IngentaConnect The Cannabinergic System as a Target for Anti-inflammatory Therap...

Cannabinoid CB2 receptor activation prevents bronchoconstriction and airway oedema in a model of gastro-oesophageal reflux (abst - 2007)
    ScienceDirect - European Journal of Pharmacology : Cannabinoid CB2 receptor activation prevents bronchoconstriction and airway oedema in a model of gastro-oesophageal reflux

Please take the time to educate yourself about the many medical uses of cannabis! Just read the titles from my list as a start! :D

Granny :wave:

8. I feel like smoking either has no effect or helps with my asthma. Lately however i've been smoking joints that are probably 60% bud and 40% tobacco to make it seem like my stash lasts longer. I've noticed right away that tobacco really takes a toll on lung capacity, so i'm probably just going to toss the rolling tobacco i have left and keep it green.

9. marijuana acts as a bronchodilator, which helps to open up the airways and increase airflow

10. lol. im not saying smoking made me faster, im just saying i didnt feel any tightening in my chest after smoking disproving any negative effect on my breathing. i didnt really care for xc in my senior year, just needed the credit.