so those small computer fans....................???

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by potblower, Jan 23, 2010.

1. 1. Yes. That is precisely what you need.

2. You could run it non-stop for 10 years without issue, (if you periodically blow dust out of it).

2. ^ i know this is boardline mj section but how well do they work w/ the carbon filters is it enogh air to push through, talking about a medium to small sized cab 1-2 plants........?

3. #4 k_semler, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
    Get a Molex splitter, and you should have enough air volume to force it out of the carbon filter with the second fan installed. (just remember to exhaust it somewhere that isn't in your residence). (dryer vent tube works). Hell, if you're really creative, you can spice the line into your existing dryer vent. All you need is a T-connecter.)

EDIT: I just looked at the fan you posted, and that is a 3 wire variable speed fan with sensing technology. What you need is this: Delta FFB1212EH-F00 120mm Case Fan - Retail You can modify the fan you posted to work, but why do it when you can get a molex fan biult for this specific purpose? The fan I just posted will move air at 150.33 CFM.

4. How big of a cabinet are you talking about? Mine is about 12x27x23. I am using 2 cheapo 120mm fans and had trouble with heat. Could I stack them? Both inline? Or would it be better side by side? I also have 2 3" holes for intake. This enough? Sorry for thread hijack but it seems I might be in the same boat.

5. This probably isnt the right thread for this, but whatever. My friend was throwing out his PS2, and i saw the cooling/computer fan, so i nabbed it. I've heard you can wire those up to direct current wall adapters, (cell phone/device) so i tried it. I think it was an old laptop charger. I tried it with a 9v battery, just to see, nothing happened. so i stripped the fan and charger wires, taped it up with electrical tape, and plugged it in. POP:O this huge spark goes flying across the room. scared the shit out of me. could any of you guys help me? what kind of adapter/charger would work well on this fan?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks. :) And i can post a picture of the charger, if anyone wants. i dont know if this fan is fucked now though, it might be pointless

6. I did the same thing but with some fans I bought at staples. Tried to wire it to the adapter n next thing ou know a spark and that god awful smell

7. what was the voltage on the fan & adaptor?

i did mines w a 12v and worked fine

8. Sorry for long week response but I don't even know I used an old laptop cord and boom. It was awful so now I just have a regular fan lol...

9. Elbows in ducting, long ducting runs and carbon filters are all things that increase static pressure. Static pressure is a fans ability to force air. Inline axial fans can overcome more static pressure than muffin type fans like what you are looking at.

10. hey songz ur laptop adaptor was prob too much for the fan thats why it blew