So this black guy...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Magneto3521, Aug 3, 2008.

1. I don't refer to black people as "minority" either, I refer to them as black. I used the term minority because this manner of story telling is applied to all minority groups, not just blacks.

And yeah, black people can be racist too. If I were white (I'm half white actually) and I experienced this, I'd be just as annoyed. The point is that the detail isn't relevant, and it's usually the only physical descriptor of the person used. Now, if it were "This tall, heavy set black guy wearing a striped shirt and sunglasses..." it would be a different story. It's when "black" is randomly interjected in to the conversation that things get funny. It makes it seem like the person is pushing the race of the person as important to the story, rather than just describing them.

2. So we shouldn't work to be better ourselves by acknowledging our own personal prejudices and striving to eliminate them?

3. Haha, I was able to get the white guys easy, because I used to wrestle. I got the black guy fairly easy because I'm tall, and the Mexican got quite a few shots in on me, they're so fast lol.

4. I agree here too. Anyone who's aware of difference has said at least SOME racist things.

5. In my opinon being racist is when you think less of someone soley because of their race i think every one has made a joke or said somthing that could be interpreted to be "raciest" when the person who said it ment no harm. this is still unaccepteble because if you make someone feel like they are being judged or looked down upon because of their race thats fucked up
    sorry if off topic:smoking:

6. I try my hardest to never mention race just cuz I hate when I mention that someone was black or whatever and the douche I was talking to says, "Why did you have to mention he was black???" That's when I grab my pipe, lighter and, on good days, fat sack and go to my uncle's to toke up with him.

7. Haha, I don't know why, but the entire time I was reading this thread I was thinking about Robert Downey Jr. from Tropic Thunder.

8. fighing is so primitive,,,,,

with the invention of the internet,,,,,

send them hate mail instead,,,,,,:D

• Like Like x 1

9. There will always be predjudices... always. Thats like saying we can elminate world hunger... or gain world peace. It just wont happen. As humans, none of us are perfect...

In my experience, you never want to get a black dude on the ground. As long as you know how to block and throw decent punches. I've also noticed some black people like to lean really far back when they fight lol

Yeah! and I've fought a cuban come to think of it... dude was fast as FUCK. He was my friend and we werent mad at eachother it was more of a play fight, but I got my ass kicked man. He was taller than me so he just kept throwing punches to the head, I couldnt see shit man.

10. dude, the color of someone's pants can completely alter how a story sounds.

11. Indeed.

12. As humans we describe things as best as we could, but as basic as we could for conversation reasons, I am white and I know if I got into a fight with a black guy, and got arrested I whould say, This black guy stabbed me, If i got stabed by a white guy I whould say this crack head white guy stabed me, If a chinese person spit in my food i whould say , CHO LI Y U SPIT IN ma FOO >0

THE BIGGEST DIFFRENCES IN HUMAN IS ETHNICITY iS WHAT I AM SAYING

13. welll, ive been in combat situations with these races.. viewed racevs.race combat.. and the ethnicity does matter.
    1) certain ethnicities tend to fight in different ways/styles
    2) certain ethnicities have physical advantages over others
    3) the approach of each ethnicity is different when a combat situation arises
    4) the escalation of a combat situation could be dependant on the ethnicity of the person

14. this thread is making me want to go kick someones ass,,,,:devious:

15. fuck. bitches. up.

16. Once again, we shouldn't work to try to fix these "imperfections"? Your point of view is exactly what I addressed with the post I responded to. So I take it you would have been saying the same thing back when slavery was common and legal?

Everyone should work to be the best individual human that they can be. You would be amazed at what's possible when you don't approach things thinking that they're impossible.

17. .....

18. Well i was reading this speech some guy was giving about 2 years ago and from the pole that they took white people is the minortie in the country but what do i know im a stoner who reads some wiread ass shit

i know i cant spell

19. [​IMG]

20. White folks are a minority in some areas already. I believe Washington was one. That I found weird, though. I always pictured Washington as half white dudes in suits, the other hardcore punk junkies.