So.. these top leaves look weird.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MadamGanja, Dec 28, 2014.

1. One of my younger plants has a weird color pattern and droopyness on the top leaves. Anyone know why?

Attached Files:

2. Something something nitrogen I think. Someone more knowledgeable might know exactly what. 

3. #3 Grade A, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
    Looks like you could be overwatering

What size pot is it in and how often are you watering her.

4. The claw would tell me too much nitrogen allthough the color does not..... Could be a watering issue I am kind of stumped and was hesitent to post.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. A search for "claw leaves on cannabis: will help you. No one knows your feeding (nutes) schedule, medium, watering schedule, ect. We would be guessing.

6. I've had plants claw due to nitrogen toxicity and it never looks like that. It had dark green leaves and the "claw" was just that. A little claw. about a inch of each leaf tip would be bent at 90 degrees downward while the rest of the leaf looked normal. And didn't droop. I could be wrong but I highly doubt it's to much nitrogen. I've been told stiff stems and droopy leaves mean overwatering and everytime I've seen it with my plants I hold off on watering for 4-5 days at a minimum and they spring back up.

7. Happened to me last grow because of over watering. I didn't add extra perlite to my ffof and it hurt her bad. Just make sure your soil is completely dry before re water.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. So yeah, it was most likely a toxicity issue, but that plant turned out to be my only male so it was pulled away. Possibly male from the nitrogen toxicity stress.

9. Haha it won't COMPLETELY change sex from stress, it may herm, but will never turn from 100% female to 100% male

10. Probably just was male from the beginning. If flowering plants use more n for bud production it would make sense that a male plant would be toxic after a few plants. Then again I'm obviously new at this and I don't know what a male plant needs as far as npk ratios for comparison.
    Few feedings* god I'm tired lol