So the idea is..

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by geck0n0x, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Next month i intend to take what i'm calling a "Detox Month" The idea is no weed, no cigs, no fizzy drinks, no fastfood and no chocolate/sweets. I feel I've been over indulging in all of these things lately and fancy a month of abstinence to be able to make my body a bit healthier and enjoy them more after. I also wanna test my will power because everyone I've mentioned it to recons I'll never stick to it :rolleyes:

I've also been getting into a twice weekly gym session lately am trying to bulk myself up a bit. I am considering upping my exercise rate and going on a high protien diet to try and help build more muscle. I've done a bit of research and all i can really find is that i should eat my body weight (pounds) in protien (grams) each day.. If that makes sence..

Does anyone around the city have any experience in any of the above? If so any tips or advice would be much appreciated :smoke:

2. All i can say is good luck for the cigs.

As for the other stuff, once you push through for the first 2 weeks, its pretty easy to resist from there. Just make sure to clear your head before you go eat and really think about the bigger picture when you're making a decision. Sugar is so addictive in fact, that I find I don't even really like the taste of it after I stop eating it for a while. It tastes like poison. Contrast this to when I was eating a ton of it everyday, I couldn't get enough.

As for bulking, calories are more important than getting an exact amount of protein. Try to eat a lot of protein, but also be sure you are eating 200-500 calories above your caloric maintenance level every day, else your body wont have the fuel to gain any weight. You can google calculators for this number.

Also, take a multi vitamin