Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So people who say they do not get high anymore is true....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Fenryx, Apr 11, 2017.

1. #1 Fenryx, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    So here i just realised and experienced it for myself a few days ago...

When people in general says that they do not get high anymore or much by smoking a joint, i thought that by this, they meant that they needed to smoke alot more than me to get a good body high or being stoned because their tolerance is very high.

But since about last week, something happened... I do not feel the body high i used to have or the sensation in my body when high, i feel like i can talk to people like when i am sober without acting too much weird when high, and i just do not literraly feel high. i feel sober. now i can smoke a whole joint (i normally smoke 1/2 max.) and do not feel stoned like last week lol.

But since a few days ago, it changed like an on/off switch. i would have guess that it would have been a gradual thing, not like on/off change. i feel high but not high at the same time.

Sorry for the text.
    So, was it the same way for you guys?

Did one day, you felt you coudnt feel like being high or stoned when smoking a joint, like an on/off switch? Sorry if sounds stupid question, weed just never stop to amaze and surprise me.

2. Your tolerance level has built up. You can't get that "stoned" feeling unless you take a week off. 30 days for me, and it hit me like a train! Dabs will do it. They will take you further than I like to go.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah I don't exaggerate when I say I smoke all throughout the day every single day and no one ever knows. I wish I could get so high again tho... fuck tolerance breaks :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Only Smoking it is why..
    Every different weed ,every different way you take it in how you feel before what you eat how much exercise you normally get
    All these things affect your stoned feeling ...you will appriciate it way more when you focus on other things then come back to it ..try edibles dabs etc

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

5. placebo effect.

i have never smoked weed and not felt high, but everyone has different brain chemistry so idk.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Good advice right here.

7. Tolerance breaks suck donkey balls, but taking a couple of weeks off is worth getting that high back IMHO.

8. To be honest, I think metabolism and body fat content plays a role in this, because I'm around 8%-10% body fat with a fast metabolism, and I get a feeling of "highness" essentially everyday after every comedown. Let's say I take a dab at 10am, and then don't take another one until 4:20pm, I'm probably going to get almost just as high as I did at 10am, at 4:20pm. However, when I take a 2-3 day break, I can take a big dab and feel like I just smoked weed for my 1st or 2nd time all over again essentially.

9. Wait did u just call me fat? :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Except I'm fat as shit and 6 months straight 1-3 times a day and I'm still on .2-.5g a day happy with my high. I'll admit I'm pretty good about watching my usage and I vary the method often. I feel like my edible and inhaling tolerances are independent from each other at least to a degree, so I'll do a week of one then a week of the other. I greened out on a .5g edible after not having edibles for a while, and that was interesting since I hadn't had that happen since I first started. This time I had a blast though, other than the vomiting.

11. i found when i would have the same strain for too long my body would get used to it so i would have to switch strain to get really high again! have u been smoking the same strain for too long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Take 2 weeks off. You can find your high. Take 2 months off, and 2 hits and your done

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I been heavily smoking for well over 35 years. I'm on 1 of my regular breaks currently. Gets old after awhile and the effects just aren't the same. I'm about to harvest a couple strains I haven't tried yet. After a month or so cure time I'll be off my break. Should be about 3 months sober give or take at that point and my tolerance will be super low.....wont last long but personally I need it every so often. Not so much to clean out but to break up the monotanity of smoking 24/7. I'm recreational so once it's no longer fun and recreational, I quit for a bit. Yes I spent 4/20 sober, it's just another day...minus the Hitler's birthday thing

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oh by the way I used to be the guy saying I'll smoke all day everyday for the rest of my life, tolerance breaks suck.....give it a few decades and you might change your mind

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. I wouldn't say I didn't feel high, but it definitely was a very diluted high. It feels like a screen of high, a mask of high, like I only feel a bit numb. When I was the most dependent on weed (after several months of daily smoking) I'd only get some relaxation and a little bit of a head high, enough to bring my appetite back and make whatever I'm watching more enjoyable.
    How long have you been smoking daily? I just recently took a 16 day tolerance break after smoking daily for about a year and it did wonders. I felt high in ways I haven't felt for months now.

16. This happened to me too. Exactly like you said it, the switch just turned off like that and it didnt happen gradually.

I keep thinking Ill never be able to experience a wonderful high again, but Im hoping that will not be the case.

Im currently 9 days into a 1 month tolerance break. I really hope this will pay off because if nothing changes, Ill feel kind of upset. It wont be the end of the world not being able to smoke weed, Im prepared to accept whatever happens, but I will feel a bit disappointed.