So outdoor flowering transplant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TimeIsMoney1, Aug 21, 2013.

1. I found some cheap 7 gallon fabric pots. I can easily pull my plants out of my 5 gallon bucket as there complety rootbound. Would i be safe to go ahead and do this?

2. Eh screw it. Went ahead and bought them! More root space for flowering :)

3. Good call on buying them the bigger the pot the better. Where do you live at? Its getting toward the end of the season where i am.

4. Im in iowa. Im only like 3 weeks in. I transplanted my biggest one last friday, and not one bit of transplant shock! She likes it and starting to finally get some trichomes :)

It maybe getting late but btr than being rootbound and hurting yield

5. Well i got the pots today. Perfect fit (well almost) If only the fabric pots were about 2" taller. Got some top roots expost but im sure it will be fine. Like these pots so far :)

Bad news is, its been humid the last couple days very humid and hardly no wind, i check on my girls and see some powdery mildew spots here and there. Luckily i caught it. So i sprayed about 1 part 3% H2O2 to 3 parts water. Check on them tomorrow.

Have this stuff called Boon neem says it kills powdery mildew but i dont know if it was to late to use this or not. Any input id like. thanks!

6. #7 SupaaBaked, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2013
    Your h202 should kill it and if its still early on the rain might wash it off and if its windy youll be good if not then it will probably get worse. Btw when i said its almost the end of the season here i was really baked and thought it was october instead of august right now lol. Im in ohio so our harvest times are almost the same. Id spray it with that h2o2 mix a couple times a day and brush the leaves off so the sun doesnt burn holes in them. Ive never done outdoors myself so i dont have any first hand experience but i know thats what i would do indoors if i got pm for some reason and thats what i would do if i was in your situation. If the h2o2 doesnt work i think they make a foliar spray specifically for pm. If it comes down to it after you harvest you can soak the freshly harvested buds in a bath of h2o2 and water and skim the pm off the top with a sponge and then dry them as usual. Ive heard it can affect the taste a little bit though.

7. PM sucks its a system plant disease so what you see on the surface of the leaves are the spores it releases to infect other plants. Once a plant gets PM there is no cure for it. Trim off any badly infected leaves. Theres a product called Green Cure is a spray that can be used as a preventative and treatment. It works by raising the PH levels on the surface of the leaves to a point that it kills the PM spores whether growing on the leaves or keeping it from infecting the leaves and plant. I think Green Cure works best when PH to either 6.5 or 7 don't recall exactly.