So Obama wasn't all he was cracked up to be huh?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lyris5, Sep 10, 2009.

1. i think we should at least wait for half his term to be up before criticizing his failed promises. He is currently working on healthcare reform, which a majority of people, including GC members, will benefit from. although nothing that affects you has been done yet, he is working to make something thats never before happened in US history, please be patient, and stop being so radical... i feel he was a better option then mccain or ron paul. this is just my opinion, i would recommend that you guys not appear ignorant or uneducated by just yelling "obama hasnt done shit yet"

2. Obama is a politician IE a liar.
    Point Blank.

3. #23 TheDankery, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2009
    What makes you say Obama was a better option than Ron Paul?

Ron Paul has been so consistent on issues that matter for a very long time, whereas Obama will seemingly alter his opinion at any time it is politically convenient for him to do so. Try to pick out a single time when Ron Paul, for lack of a better term, has "flip-flopped" like Obama does regularly.

(ex. His frequently changing positions on marijuana: Barack Obama on Weed: A truth the candidate won't tell - Reason Magazine)

I don't see how Obama has done much of anything different from Bush, in all honesty they appear 90% the same to me. I mean, I have an intense hatred for the war on drugs, medical marijuana being treated how it is by the Feds, my civil liberties being violated, both bailouts, an unsound monetary policy and the US acting as a sort of global, unelected police force. Ron Paul is firmly against all of these horrible, horrible things, and Obama is continuing all of these things in the same manner as his predecessor.

And I believe that Ralph Nader, Bob Barr, Ron Paul, or even Dennis Kuchinich all had better ideas than Obama. The general attitude that all politicians are corrupt liars really does a disservice to those few out there who have actual principles & honor, like some of the people I mentioned above. That cynical attitude that all politicians are corrupt by nature is very much useful to the elite.

4. Yes!

Ron Paul is one of the only candidates that is in politics to make a difference, but he's a prime example of what happens to people in washington who give a shit, they get ignored by the mass media. If Ron Paul's name had been on that ballot, I would have gladly cast my vote for him.

5. Yeah, Ron Paul got screwed by the mainstream media big-time. That's what happens when you say anything that goes against the status quo, and it's a perfect example of how the media marginalizes politicans who actually make sense & try to change things.

I recall he was openly laughed at during one republican party debate during the primary season. He still did quite well for someone who didn't already have the media's support, like certain other contenders. Ron Paul had a true grassroots movement behind him.

In 2012, without a doubt, there will be an even greater showing from Ron Paul and his supporters.

6. Or how he wasn't even invited to the last Republican debate that Fox hosted. The media is disgustingly blatant about manipulating the public's views. That's why I find it ridiculous when people stereotype anyone who isn't on Obama's cock as a right wing nut case who gets all their 'disinfo' from watching Fox. For fucks sake, I don't even own a TV! And more importantly, Fox does NOT represent us, who for the most part are Libertarian, not Republican. They treated Ron like shit when it mattered, and people like Glen Beck exist (imo, deliberately, and by design) to make us look bad.

7. I expected him to be better than Bush and McCain.

I am thus far satisfied.

8. HE IS WHO I THOUGHT HE WAS!

[​IMG]

9. #29 masterx, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2009
    the end is near 2012 supose to be biggg 2012 banks are going down and usa owe money to japan/china theirs something that hapens in 2012 that makes usa more broke banks fail etc mass ipo sales markets crash whats going on now isn't nothing like 2012.

obama is like bush helped the rich people get richer and us poor people poorer his stimuas is only helping the rich

10. Your preaching to the choir against the two party system. It is a horribly corruptible system.

I do disagree with not using your best democratic tool, your vote, in the best way possible.

11. i knew this would happen... its not a democracy in the US, its a dictatorship, both parties are the same! its almost as if Obama aint really in charge... i mean, he COULD make change, but he aint gonna.

12. hey why yo mode's edited my post?? i had alot more on my post