So my manager and I rented this 160 year old place to jam.

Discussion in 'General' started by Senior PoopiePants, Mar 10, 2012.

1. You're my hero.

2. It looks like the perfect crack house.

3. i bet you could take that old national foods sign and sell it to the guys on american pickers.

4. Carpeting makes GREAT soundproofing material. There's a house 300 feet away, so we have to do it.

Plus it will make that place look nice. Really comfy. That wood is OLD.

5. That's so awesome. Might wanna get some chairs or something though :smoke:

6. I'm sitting on a chair that is over 100 years old right now, and there are two of these bad boys. And we're getting 2 couches once we're done putting the carpeting on the walls.

And I talked to the landlord. He said that the place was built in 1853, actually! This place is almost 160 years old! I'll get some better video of it in the daytime for y'all. It's considered historic, and I'm just chillin by myself blasting Alice in Chains at 12:30 am. :hello:

Also, I wanted to make a separate post for this: I found $40 on the floor (in my partition), so it's definitely mine! Good shit! I was flat broke!

7. #27 Hypnocrite, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

jk seems like a cool place to hang out. Wish I had a permanent space to jam, but alas... the streets be the stage, my guitar be the script writing each page and the freedom be the music created to break our cage :smoke:

edit: what am I talking about? yes :smoking:

but seriously, congratulations, that'll be so much fun. Are you guys just using to jam, or you trying to make a studio?

8. man, you get to throw some partys like a boss

9. nice place and im kinda jelly about having a place to jam with some people but whats stopping someone from breaking in and stealing all your equipment when your not there? sound travels pretty far and eventually people will know your jamming there and when you usually come and go... I'm a musician and i got a lot of recording equipment as well so i know how expensive all that is and how you can get emotionally attached to some of it as well. I play bass among a few other instruments

10. Hi op , sick spot, Tool is sick and( A Perfect Circle)... I been playin guitar for a while and always incorporate Tool or Pantera when playin, who are your influences?

11. #31 Senior PoopiePants, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    We're going to jam first, and maybe even during I'll get my computer in there, but yes - we will be jamming and recording. Recording is my expertise, so it'll work out GREAT.

I wish. Maybe a few friends, but I can't go all out. It's not supposed to be a party palace, but the landlord saw me with a 12-pack of beer (me and my boy's) and he didn't care. He just really does NOT want us to smoke (cigarettes) in there because the place is so old that it could catch up in flames... But there's this old-ass door that opens up on the second floor about 30 feet from our side (it's on the other side of the room). There is no balcony, so I just dangle my legs off the second story and smoke.

Well, you can't see it in the video I posted, but there is this heavy wooden door (old, but still works) that slides and totally covers the two doors and locks. Then the two doors themselves have latches on the tops and bottom. Plus I'm upstairs AND we're building a wall with a locked door, so you'd really have to go all out to get in. Plus our neighbor who's 300 feet away would call the cops if she saw anything go down.

My influences? Well, lets see. I'd say Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Metallica, Tool, Bush (my voice sounds like Gavin), Breaking Benjamin, Seether, and more...

On another note, I found (nailed down to the floor - covering a small hole) an old NJ license place from 1941. I cleaned it up and it looks alright. I'll post pics tomorrow, but there is some interesting shit there. I need to film for you guys like 10 minutes of me showing off the property. It's badass...

12. Here you go, guys! It's almost done! Here's what he have so far:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYnSE1JPhvg]Area 52 coming almost done! - YouTube[/ame]

Sweet!

13. Bump, motherfuckers! You all wanted to see the progress of this place!

14. Got the drums in here... Now we're ready to rock! :metal:

I'm fucking crashing here tonight. Got my pillow and blanket and some greeneries... It's gonna be sweet. :D

I got the internet going through my phone... Yeah. Gonna be a good night.

15. Kewl - I found a skeletized mouse that just fell out of the ceiling, hehe...

Well, part of the wall (on the other side of the building - not my area) was loose. They are just old wooden planks. So I just pulled one and it came off. Threw it into the wood pile. Then I noticed the adjacent plank was loose, so I thought, "what the hell". So I pulled it off and threw it into the wood pile as well.

Then something just fell from where I pulled the plank. It was a skeletized mouse! Awesome!

My crazy-ass even picked it up by the tail (totally skeletized and decomposed) and studied it. Skeletons creep me the fuck out (real ones), so I just wanted to desensitize myself... Eek, but awesome...

Want pics/video? :ey:

16. [quote name='"iMPREPREX"']Kewl - I found a skeletized mouse that just fell out of the ceiling, hehe...

Well, part of the wall (on the other side of the building - not my area) was loose. They are just old wooden planks. So I just pulled one and it came off. Threw it into the wood pile. Then I noticed the adjacent plank was loose, so I thought, "what the hell". So I pulled it off and threw it into the wood pile as well.

Then something just fell from where I pulled the plank. It was a skeletized mouse! Awesome!

My crazy-ass even picked it up by the tail (totally skeletized and decomposed) and studied it. Skeletons creep me the fuck out (real ones), so I just wanted to desensitize myself... Eek, but awesome...

Want pics/video? :ey:[/quote]

Lets see em.

17. Can I come live with you when this is done? It's looks like it's gonna be so fuckin sick

18. Thats sick as fuck man.

19. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loG_d4HmWYY]The mouse at A52. - YouTube[/ame]