so my girl wanted to be dude.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by wildkfx, Feb 8, 2011.

1. :mad: after many weeks of scrog training she turned out to be a he. The seed was just a random bag seed so I knew it was a good chance this would happen. It is such a nice looking plant but it will die later today.

Attached Files:

2. It happens to the best of us...

and always seems to be the biggest, healthiest plant that we've spent the most time training....

it's ok plant karma will make your next seed female.

3. hey at least it looks good haha...did you at least learn something??

4. Yup, I learned that spending that much time training a male plant sucks..:laughing: I guess thats what happens when you deal with bag seed and not female clones. The good news is 3 days ago my other plant showed me she is a girl. Now the bad news, before switching her to 12/12 I took 6 clones but they are not rooting yet. I started 8 more seeds and would like some advise. How should should I go about sexing early? should I veg for just a short period, take clones and flower a clone to get the sex while the other is in veg? How would you all do it? I've looked around but really couldn't find the answer to this.

5. Early on switch to 12/12. Look for preflowers. Kill males, go back to 20-4, 24/0, whatever, continue to veg.

6. I have had clones take almost 5 weeks before and be almost dead, my worst ended up only having 2 nodes left alive by the time new growth started.

People say they can see roots in a week, I haven't done better than 2 weeks.

I am trying to get to the 1 week mark but to date I haven't lost a clone,(knock on wood) meaning my worst time I turned 1 clone into 2 clones.

Kingbudman

7. Hey kingbudman, I wanted to let you know about my cloning. I use the "budslinger bubble cloner" I took clones from all my plants not knowing the sex at the time. The plants that ended up being male showed roots in 6 days and the ones that I now know is female haven't rooted yet. They still look healthy but no roots so I'll just wait it out and see what happens.
    You ended up turning 1 clone into 2. I wish that would be my worst time cloning, but things will get better as we learn.