So, my "dad" is a piece of shit.

Discussion in 'General' started by Adamzor, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Alright, so my dad owns a camprground in a small town in Texas. For the last EIGHT years I've been helping him daily (sometimes goes a few days without any work) with cleaning the cabins, making the beds, vacuuming, mopping, taking out trash, cleaning the laundromat, cleaning nasty ass motherfucking bathrooms, washing HIS car, and anything else he feels like I should HAVE to do.

He pays me a lousy $300 a month. I'm still in high school.

Well today, I've been sick as fuck, sneezing my head off, runny nose, headache, stomach pains, and feeling like shit any time I move.

I was supposed to clean the nasty ass motherfucking public bathrooms I mentioned, and I couldn't cause I was sick.

Well, he just came in, yelling, knocking shit off my shelf, slapping the keyboard off my desk as I was typing, and did the following:

Grabbed the keys to my car, my wallet with all my money, my cell phone, took my name off the car insurance, is cutting off internet access, Cable TV, and is refusing to let me go to Del Rio for the rest of the week like I had planned to for the last month and had $300 in my wallet for. There was probably more, but I cannot fucking think, I'm so mad.

So basically, the rest of my spring break/next semester of school/summer is fucking ruined.

Suggestions on what I should do? I have no bud, and no other means to calm down that I know of.

I'm pretty fucking close to snapping.

2. I would grab my shit back and, if he tried to stop me, promptly backhand him.

3. id hit him in the mouth. then grab my shit and move the fuck out.. honestly.. my dad would do anything to make sure i was healthy, before making me work.

sounds like he has some issues man. sorry. but i would seriously go tell him whats up, and how its only one day off.

4. Yo my dad is crazy too. Just try to reason with him. Tell him you are sick and that you need to rest before you can do work.

5. Well, I still live with my mother, they're still married, and just too fucking stupid to get a divorce.
    They can't LOOK at each other without arguing.

My mother doesn't have a job, my dad pretty much pays for everything, and I certainly cannot move out.

My dad's enough of a pussy that he went to his house and locked the doors and closed the blinds. I went over and beat on the door for about 10 minutes earlier and he wouldn't answer

So I have no idea what to do.

6. this. just because his life is shit he thinks your should be too. fuck em. :)

7. Well it seems like you should do something about it.

If your 18 and your "dad" still grounds you and takes away your shit maybe its time you re evaluated things.

8. I'd kick the door in, get my shit and go to a friends house. Im sure ur friend's parents would be more comprehensive than ur own dad.

9. so he keeps a roof over your head, feeds and clothes you, paid for and insures your car, pays for your mobile bill AND gives you cash to spend every month?

damn, yeah, I can see how you'd be pissed at him for having to help out with the family business

grow up kid and do what's expected of you - i'll guarantee that he didnt JUST snap because you hadn't cleaned the toilets - i'll bet it's more than that and he has his own story to tell about you and i'll also wager that when he's ill he still has to work his nuts off

this is the reason I don't ever want kids

10. I think it's funny everyone says to hit him.

That wont get you anywhere for all you know your dad
    has been boxing on since he was 12.

11. or he could be a 4 ft tall william macy lookin asshole. who needs to let his son take a break.

12. wtf....... yea because a parent OBVIOUSLY has every right to treat their kid like TOTAL shit when he was sick and didnt scrub a damn toilet. :rolleyes:

13. like I said, i'll wager he didnt just flip over this

kid probably had it coming - his attitude sucks

this was probably the last straw

14. possibly, but there is also the other possibility that his dad is just miserable

15. Haha this ^

I would get the shit kicked outta me by my dad if he were 25 again. Obviously not now, because he's turning 60 in a few months.

Anyway, why do you have to work for him for a peasant's wage? Seems like a stupid arrangement. If my son was working for me i'd at least pay him minimum wage.

16. Exactly.

17. #17 Adamzor, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
    Of course my fucking attitude sucks. I'm sick with no money, and nothing to look forward to this week with a faggot father who is trying to control every aspect of my life.

But here, I'll tell you his half of the story

He sits on the computer all day, answering emails, and telephone calls. He might have to get off his ass every once in a while to go check the mail, deposit money, or park an RV, but thats IT. He complains about just about every-damn-thing even when done right.

There, now you have both halves of the story.

Also, my dad is 67 years old, and in great shape for his age. I'm still much much stronger and taller than he is, and could definitely put a dent in his head, but I'd rather not go to jail.

I need to finish school, and they won't pay for my college if I move out

And the reason I don't have a job is cause my "father" refuses to let me get one. I've had many applications accepted to many places that he has denied me working at.

18. yeah miserable because the world is in recession - his business is seeing losses this year and he has a son who wont do shit because he has a sniffle

possibly

19. true.

explain further OP :devious:

20. Sounds like your parents are running your life. You can do something about it.

Why do you keep putting dad in quotations?