So long guys, It's time for a change

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by tokabowl, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Hey guys,
    Well, simply put, I'm done with weed. I have been smoking for the past 3 years. This past year I started getting really into it. I graduated high school and now I'm at college. I've been smoking at least once a day for a good 8 months now.
    I failed out of my math class and I'm getting 2 other D's, and a B. My grades are shit. My motivation is close to nothing, and to be honest all I really care about is smoking weed. It has ruined my relationship with my parents. Given me a severe case of social anxiety, affecting my mental and even physical health. I quit my two favorite sports/hobbies, paintball and lacrosse, due to my dependence on weed.

Last night I decided enough is enough, I've tried taking breaks before, but was unable to do it.
    I quit smoking weed last night for good. I cleaned all the weed stuff out of my room and I'm bringing my bong home for TG break in 2 weeks.

I hope to improve my life with this change, and that one day I will reunite with my love, but on a whole new level. I will use weed for what its for, not as a coping method. I don't want it controlling my life any longer.

This is going to be extremly difficult for me, but I am confident that I can do it, because I want a change. I hope you all understand the severity of my 'addiction' and can relate. Please wish me luck, because this is going to be one of the hardest challenges I've faced.

I not leaving the forum, but I will never be high on it again, so in that sense, goodbye to you all, and hopefully one day I will return:wave:

2. Jeez man, It's not crack, only weed. You overdid it quite abit pal, you should have realised lighting up everyday would have consequences. Surely you'd have realised after the first few weeks? 8 months, jesus man, I feel for you.

Get your life back on track, and sort your grades out. A* all the way from now.

Keep on toking.:smoke:

Opps, I mean . . goodluck!

3. Well man hope you make it and lift up your grades. and once its done you go back to mj. :) :D

4. hope it helps, peace

5. To quote or paraphrase something that I, and many others have lived by... "It's not what you did that makes you who you are, but what you do that defines who you are." Hopefully you now know this lesson and hopefully your life will improve over time. It might have been the weed, no issues with that, it might not have been, it might have merely open up your eyes and mind to truths. However. if it did this to you, be hopeful that once you finish college, or even when you get back int oa groove and get better overall in life, that it is merely a plant that you control, not the other way around.

Take care fellow blade.

6. You smoke too much, that's what happens.
    If you can't moderate a substance without losing all sense of priority then yeah it's probably best that you stopped because not only is it bad for your life, but in all honesty it further perpetuates part of the negative impression others have of weed.
    Have a good 'un.

7. Blame yourself, not the substance. I smoke every day and I get A's. Just don't smoke before your work is done man. Or smoke a little and then do work (just a little tho--it makes the work so much more interesting).

But if you really have that addictive of a personality, good luck I guess. But take actions to correct your own behavior too. Ain't the drug's fault.

8. Luke you must stay with the dark side. Dude more power to you.

9. I'd be hesitant before you claim that smoking weed has given you a severe case of social anxiety. Maybe you have some undiagnosed mental illness. If you did smoking weed would certainly not help, but it wouldn't be the reason for all your recent troubles.

10. I know many may ostracize you for quitting/blaming the exact thing that we all post for, but if you really think it will better your life then good for you man. I hope everything works out for you the way you hope and we'll all be here when you find the balance in your life. :)

11. I don't know of many people who could still lead successful, productive lives if they toked every single day. For some it's not a problem, but for most it will get to them. Go on like a month's t break and then just stick to once a week at the very most bro. Good luck.

12. i digg itt man i gotta slow down the toking too. my priorities and pockets are suffering. just take a break man and/or smoke way less. maybe a couple hits a day. this has been goin pretty good for me because cold turkey never works for me. life sucks too much ass and weed kicks too much ass. throwing away all your shit never works for me either lol i always end up with new paraphanelia.

too much of anything is bad

business before pleasure.

13. Take care, your ALWAYS welcome here!:smoke:

14. It happens just try and find a new hobby so you don't get bored.

15. Good luck to you, hun. You take all the time you need to straighten yourself back out. After you finish school, if you decide to toke again, you can look back on this as another learning experience. Once you're older and wiser, you'll probably be able to smoke cannabis from a whole new perspective, and enjoy it more.

16. I agree that if its getting in the way of your studies its time for a change but if you keep it in moderation you should be fine.

I use herb to enhance my life and make it better, moderation is your friend.

17. +rep for having the clarity of mind to recognise the problems in your life, and then finding a solution. Like you said, probably won't be easy but if you can get your shit back on track then it will be completely worth it. It does sound like you've been abusing pot, but that doesn't mean you can't use responsibly in the future. Don't call it goodbye, how about an "Until next time, dear friend..."

18. Well man, if you quit paintball (quite possibly the greatest sport on the face of the Earth) for weed then maybe it is time to cut back. I love smoking a ton, but I would choose going to the airball field over bud any day. I know everyone wants to defend weed and say it's not addicting, but sometimes people just need a break. Hopefully you can pull your life back (and start playing again ASAP). Best wishes bro have an awesome sober time.

19. Woah woah woah... you can still post here bro. Once a blade, always a blade.

Good luck, and hopefully this break will help. Down the road you will find a way to use it responsibly (not a jab, being serious) and you won't have to part from your love. Work hard!

20. You made the right decision. You need to quit right now and come back when you can handle your usage more responsibly.

Your always welcome here. See ya around.