So just got pulled over..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by can a bis, Oct 25, 2012.

1. #1 can a bis, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012
    I was on my way home from class, just cruising, listening to music and what not. I lost sight of how fast i was actually going. The road was a 45 and i was going 68. I drive a sports car so i kind of lose track of how fast i'm actually going. Anyway I turn onto my street, about 3/4 miles from my house and I get pulled over by a state cop. I wasn't high nor did I have any weed with me so I wasn't that worried. It was my first offense so I think he cut me some slack, instead of giving me a ticket for $350 he wrote me a ticket saying I was going 10 over, and it was for $95.

I just have a few questions, for those of you who are more experienced in this type of situation than myself. Are my insurance rates going to increase? i'm under my parents insurance. Also, the ticket said to mail the $95 fine within 18 days of the court date, does this mean anytime before the court date, or 18 days before it? And I asked the officer instead of paying the fine, if community service was an option, he said since I was 18 he didn't think so. I told him I knew the head of the fire department, so I might be able to do community service but would I have to show up to the court date?

sorry this dragged on haha :p

Edit: I live in Rhode Island

2. :rolleyes:

3. go to court and ask for a larger non speeding fine

4. I don't know how it is on the east coast, but here in California, you can take an 8hr course. With the course completed, you do not get a point on your license and your insurance rate does not increase.

5. Tell us more about your sports car.

6. #7 Nurse Langley, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012
    Pics or lies! Of Ur car... U prob just pay ticket and Ur fine if I got worse charges the. You when I got pulled over and they all got dropped after I payed my fines then no need to worry and my rated did not increase nether:p

7. Sports car? Eh

8. You got off lucky, even though I can't understand how you loose track of how fast you go. No offense, but even blindfolded I would know if its too fast. Is the car new? Driving is a very active activity, I always know at any times what gear, how many rpm and how fast I'm going.... :S

9. You can ask for supervision and/or driving school to not have it on your record. In IL at least you can

10. I got a $1150 ticket about a month ago...still waiting court. DOn't ever exceed 100mph

I paid an attourney $600 out of my own pocket too...i'll lose my license if it doesn't get reduced to less than 100. Consider yourself lucky.

11. You must have one of those good lawyers that know the judge ;)

12. License lost forever for can you redo it sometime?

13. If I get hit with 102, I pay the full amount of $1150 and suspension of 30-90 days mandatory. I'm a delivery driver, so no license=no job.

The point of hiring this attourney is because she knows the dick head that cited me, so hopefully he'll drop it 3 mph and save me all the bullshit.

I warn you, cops are EVERYWHERE lately. Don't speed.

14. Oh and my friend broke this down for me,

1mph=$10

That;s fucking outrageous.

15. Correction

1mph=$11.2

FML

16. tell us how to be cool