So, its growing in my living room..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 240kat, Dec 31, 2005.

1. My mom bought my g/f and I a little Chia herb garden for christmas. Just as a joke, we put some old (maybe a week since the date of purchase) seeds into the little pots along with the herbs. About 3 days later, the cannibus seeds were the first to sprout out a little something. (!) So we decided to transplant them before the really got roots going into a bigger pot (8" wide, 6" tall). Now, they're just kinda chillin in the pot, the little taproots have started to give the seeds some structure. It stays about 67 degrees in my living room. They get plenty of sunlight at the window during the day and they're under a pretty warm lamp at night (until 10pm). What are the plants chances of survival in these conditions? I'm suprised how fast theyre growing. We planted them monday.

2. The Jury's Verdict: Slim to None.

Edit: Depending on what type/watt of lamp, and how many total hours of sunlight...

3. It gets (since its winter) probably 9hrs of sunlight a day. Any suggestions?

4. I wouldnt mind building a grow box, but how will it do just on the window sill? Its only been four days and the seeds are standing up off the soil because of the taproots.

5. Mary Jane can be picky, man. It needs to be around 75 degres, and with natural light it normaly shoots up about 4in. and falls over. Read up about it. It's worth a try. But I wouldn't be surprised if you lose them. Next time read up before starting a grow. Just do an online search.

6. well, thats what's happening so far. Its about 2" tall (planted last monday). There's 3 plants in the one pot, and we figure we'll wait until they start to leaf before we put them into bigger, individual pots. While I've never grown pot, i have grown lots of differant plants/vegies/flowers, etc. I can't see this one particular plant being that much differant from everything else. While we may not get a serious yield, i think it'll still work. I'll be posting updates until we either harvest or it dies.

7. ha ha ha ha I got one of those too, lol, but I dont have any bud seeds :( and my mom would look at the box and go "huh"