Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So is this true?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by d50416, Jun 22, 2009.

1. if you smoke and dont eat munchies your metabolism kicks in and helps you lose weight:eek:?

is this true or false?

2. I dont know, probably the same things as just not eating, dont think the weed has anything to do w/ it.

3. true, i just heard that because weed speeds up your metabolism, and if you dont eat, and drink lots of water, in turn, you will lose (if any) weight

4. if you don't eat junk food, you will lose weight. yes.

5. :eek: NO FUCKING WAY!!!!!

hahaha i was just talking about food in general

6. absolutely true. i'm living proof. i lost 35 lbs in about 6 months while smoking pretty heavily practically every day. basically all you have to do is ignore the munchies. drink water or suck on a hard candy. the best way to make sure you dont lose control of your munchies is to not have much crappy food around, just some fruit or pretzels. thats how i did it and i swear by it.
    btw, i really didn't exercise much.

7. Weight loss is simply calories in vs. calories out my man, you probably could have had the same results without the weed. Either way though props for the weight loss man.

While it makes sense that weed speeds up your metabolism and that's why you get the munchies, I just don't think it's true.

I think it's just an appetite stimulater, and the reason I think this is because I know when I'm straight baked and got hardcore munchies I'll eat till I'm past full and just keep eating because it has increased my appetite not my body's actual need for food. Just my thoughts anyways.

8. i have no idea how weed affects the body's metabolism..but i do know that i used to be a little chubbster, and since i started smoking in high school, i lost the extra weight and i can eat anything i want and it won't effect me at all. at the same time i have a cousin who smokes the same amount as i do and has to watch what she eats cause she thinks munching when she's high is worse than eating sober.

it does make sense that after you smoke and you're hungry that if you don't eat, your body will start to burn up fat for energy like the rest of the time we go without food, i guess.

if it really did alter your metabolism either way, 90% of stoners would either get really fat, or whither away, and that's not the case :confused_2:

9. Well, weed ups your heart rate, it wouldn't be weird to think that it also boosts your metabolism, but not to levels as if you were exercising. Maybe by like, 2% or so. haha.
    Try it out yourself. Don't eat while you smoke for a couple weeks and let us know the results.

10. Weed does not speed up your metabolism at all! Like said above it just increases your appetite.

11. Eating less will cause you to gain less or actually lose weight? Good to know.

12. i heard if u dont eat like shit food ull lose weight cuz its increases ur heart beat