So im viewing my first place tomorow

Discussion in 'General' started by Ychrimbo, Feb 16, 2014.

1. So heres the deal, 

I'm 20 and still live at home with the folks, don't get me wrong I love them to bits, but its got to the point now, where I want to be in life, I cant progress until I have my own place. This is what I decided yesterday. 

Today went online booked a viewing for a nice shared flat have a look see whats going on there and take the first big step of my life, well excited!

2. Good job. A place of your own is always nice.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

3. #3 Gan, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
    Hell yeah man congrats! Living on your own is tight. My relationship with my parents improved 200% when i moved out. I love em to death sometimes you just need to get out of each others hair for a bit.

Anyway congrats man. What are the details on your new place? Rent/roomates/parking/amenities/locale/etc.

4. Nice dude! I recently moved out myself and it is THE titties.

Make sure you scan the shit out of the place when you have it shown to you. If the electricity/water is on, try testing the stove, shower, sink, etc. Ask about the neighbors, if they've gotten shit for noise before, if the area in general is for the most part safe. And CONVENIENT too, you don't wanna be like 20 miles from a damn Walgreens or Duane Reade. Oh, check the OUTLETS! This is a huge one. My girl didn't check her outlets for her first place and that fuckery only had like 1 working outlet in the most inconvenient location. So definitely make sure they're all working. The AC is an obvious one too, but a bit harder to "check". If you have a pet, ask about what the requirements are and if there's a fee. These tend to range broadly (my fee was $75, my brother's $250).

Have ALL your papers ready for the landlord/realtor in case they approve you or need more info for you to be approved; the faster you provide that shit, the better it looks. I would fax all my stuff to my realtor from work within a few mins of her texts. 

Lastly, set yourself up for "aight aight, not a big deal if I don't get this place in particular" because sometimes shit just won't work out.

That's about all I'd hoped to cover. You're gonna love the freedom, dude. Currently I'm sitting in my living room with my vape, bong, bowl out and jar of weed, all exposed due to my heavy case of fucklacks. No fucks given anymore! Good luck brotha

5. Shared flat with random people you don't know?

Even sharing a flat with mates can be difficult at times.

Good luck and have fun! :D

6. well I work most of the week anyway so im only really going to be their weekends and somewhere to crash after work so im not to worried about that, plus it will be an interesting experiance!