So im thinkin about growing....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dnoiseNJ, Mar 11, 2010.

1. :wave:hey guys im fairly new to the growing game, but i been smoking bud for almost 10 years, growing mj has been entertaining my mind for quite sometime now, but where me and my wife live, we cant establish a grow room, so i was thinkin about going stealth... a friend of mine is gonna give me his 400 watt HID light i believe thats what it is...and some northern light and white widow seeds and pots and everything i need to get started...im aware of the stages the plant goes thru and how i can 12/12 it when i please, but is there a certain kind of soil or fertilizer i can use from vegging till harvest??
    also is 400watts too much for a stealth project? this will be my first time im so anxious to start!! :smoke:

2. 400W is a good size starter lamp for a stealth project -- Rumpleforeskin grows under a 400W HPS (when he isn't reviewing LEDs) with amazing results. I'd look him up, I modeled my current flowering area (a converted closet, 2' x 6' x 7'), hydro and cloning systems off of his designs

3. im deff gonna be checking him out, is there a safe soil i dont have to make myself to keep the plants in from vegging till harvest??

4. Sure is -- the idiot-proof soil mix I used was called Vic's Super Soil (a quick google search will bring it up, I don't have it written down anymore). You have to mix up a bunch of stuff and let it sit for a while initially, but it's a just-add-water mix. You'll learn a lot from your first grow, so it's best to keep everything as simple as possible.

Best of luck