Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So Im gonna get a Medical Card

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by iSoaDBoY, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Im going to be getting a medical card sometime this week. Anything I should know? I live in North Hollywood, California. (LA)

2. I have heard stories on GC about people being denied a job because they have a medical card.. I'm from MA so I'm not 100% sure on the laws out in CA but this may be something to keep in mind.

3. How would your employer find out? I've never seen an application that makes you say if you have a card or not.. And if they ask just say no.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thats what Im thinking, they won't find out if I actually tell them. Im just wondering what I'll need to bring, I got a fucked up back cause of the years of playing football, I have some X Ray's laying around somewhere but tbh I really don't know where there at. Another question is, do they mail me anything?

5. If you already have a job then I wouldn't think there would be a problem. Getting one on the other hand they can deny you for a bad piss test, card or not depending on the type of job you are getting. I won't ever get one because you can't own a firearm. Basically get treated like a convicted felon.

6. [quote name='"norml56"']If you already have a job then I wouldn't think there would be a problem. Getting one on the other hand they can deny you for a bad piss test, card or not depending on the type of job you are getting. I won't ever get one because you can't own a firearm. Basically get treated like a convicted felon.[/quote]

That's the law in Nevada if I'm not mistaken

7. if youre in north hollywood i know of a place very close to you where youd be able to get your card at a good price without any proof of condition, PM me if you want more info

8. I was going to get my card, but I found out it stays on your record, and can possibly make it difficult to find jobs in the future. I dont pay much more than I would at a dispensary, and think I would actually lose money if I got a card.

9. It stays on your medical record, not your permanent record. No one can access your medical records without your permission. Your doctor won't even know since he wasn't the one that prescribed it. None of the information in your medical record can be shared, and if you have a job, just pass the drug test, it's not that hard.

10. I think about 75% of the "patients" in california have fraudulently obtained a mmj card.

11. you guys are so lucky you seriously dont know it, just enjoy!