So, if heat isn't an issue....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Agovita, Feb 19, 2009.

1. no not what you want...look at CFL lights if your looking for a cheaper lighting alternitive to HID lights.

2. Yeaaaa I know. That doesn't asnwer the question though. I have six of these bulbs, and the sockets for them, it seems like, 300 W would be a good addition to my grow room, and it needs more heat. So, repeat of the original question; heat not an issue, these will work?

3. According to RPI's Lighting Research Center, 50 watt MR16 bulbs produce 625 lumens on average. 12.5 lumens per watt is a very inefficient design. For comparison, a 60 watt incandescent bulb produces 15 lumens per watt. If you are looking for more light, other bulbs such as CFL will be many times more efficient. If you are looking for more heat, a small heater would be a much more efficient use of your electricity.

4. Thanks, thats what I was looking for I guess. I found some unused track lighting with these bulbs in my garage, and was feeling a new vegging closet.

5. saying they wont work didnt answer the question? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

good luck on the grow room
    _numb_

6. Lose the bulbs, keep the track lighting, get 26watt Cool White CFL for VEG. You'll be golden. Check the link in my signature for my lighting comparison thread...