So... i was thinking about

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by HighxLife, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Syn is decent glass, not wonderful, but in that price range its good. If you want more diffusion then they have a tube on ALT for $160 I think that has a perc. Also, check out your local shop and see if you can do better for the price, there are also several pieces here that people like. I've seen "the nautilus" a lot, i think its called, that one looked pretty good.

2. #4 JESUSgotNAILED, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
    Don't get a nautilus or whatever he said.

Hello and welcome to GC Highlife! I own that bong, but with a platinum label. It was my first as well. SYN is a mid to high end glass company, not just "decent". They have the nice straight tubes for the price on ALT (they used to be $175). The other company in that price range on ALT, HVY, has straights as well but I did not like the tube for several reasons. The bong you linked has very strong glass (5mm), I've hit it hard against things by accident many times without worry of it shattering. Not much else to say about a straight tube... the logo is clean and looks very nice in person (I love the platinum color).

Get a nice downstem with it, preferably Alex K, and you will be thoroughly happy with everything. You do not need a bong with a perc for your first tube. That downstem gives enough diffusion to cool your smoke very well unless you start taking massive, massive rips. Then the smoke will be too hot. It still seems like yesterday when this bong and that downstem came in the mail... opened me up to a whole new world of highs and glass.

3. So your saying buy the bong ? but get a alternate downstem to go with it?

4. I have a SYN mini showercap and it's bomb.

5. Damn right son! You will love the setup bro. Introduced me to a whole new world of highs :D

Like right now. I just typed that word "introduced" as "entraduced" and just now noticed ahahaha

6. Which alex k downstem did you get to go with it

7. I would recommend showerhead

8. The balls to the wall one