Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So I was in Vegas

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BoNgToKe22, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Walking down the strip, and I notice a hookah shop with some glass in there. I

go and check it out, the usual china shit. After buying some blunt wraps, i

thought "Hey, why not get a souvenir to take home?" so I start browsing the

bubblers/pipes. I notice that some of the bubblers are the exact some ones at

my LHS. Now im from SoCal and the bubblers at my LHS that im talking about

are stickered $25, but these here in Vegas, were $65! So i look around more,

and everything is ridiculously overpriced. The smallest most basic spoons were

$45 and up, bubblers $65 and up, and even obvious china bongs were $150

and up. The guy behind the counter was asian and spoke horrible english, and

wouldnt even give me $5 off anything. How the fuck does this guy stay in

business? I know Nevada has harsh weed laws, but why is there glass so expensive!!??

2. That's Vegas for you...everything's overpriced because there are people willing to pay that price...or are too wasted to know better.

3. i was gonna come in here and say 'what happens in vegas, stays in vegas' hahaha

but yeah, nearly everything is overpriced in vegas

4. That's like going to a baseball game expecting a $2 beer. Any attraction is going to have overpriced everything.

5. One of the big reasons why shit there is overpriced is because there is a shit load of parties in Vegas, and where there are parties, there is weed, so people go out in desperate need for pieces to smoke the weed and they are willing to pay any price.

6. That's Vegas man. Everything is more expensive there. Local inflation.

7. And stays there because of it.

8. your first 4 words in your post explain why it cost so much

9. Except herpes, that shit will come back with you.

10. It's probably cuz u went to Diversity right there on the strip @ Sahara. Anybody who lives here knows that's the last place to go.

11. [quote name='"Biggysmallz31"']It's probably cuz u went to Diversity right there on the strip @ Sahara. Anybody who lives here knows that's the last place to go.[/quote]

Actually I was at an unnamed "hookah shop" that happened to have some glass. If I remember correctly it was right in front of the Paris hotel or O'sheas or something right there.

12. I live in Vegas, have for 19 years.

If your on the strip and your "shopping," your a dumb tourist who deserves to pay the dumb tourist prices. Go outside of the city, into the suburbs, there's smoke shops in almost any shopping mall in the valley. Expect anything on the strip to be at least 30% higher than anywhere else in Vegas.

13. You know how much real estate is on the strip?

14. More than I can imagine

15. Ugh... this reminds me of my area. There are some decent handblown spoons for around $30, but aside from those, everything else is shit China glass that is marked up 100% or more. And god fucking forbid you are interested in purchasing a name-brand (ie. illadelph, roor, etc.) piece. If you are, you will 100% of the time either get a fake, pay hundreds of dollars (yes, hundreds) of dollars over the actual value of the piece, or both.

16. [quote name='"gtx1"']

I live in Vegas, have for 19 years.

If your on the strip and your "shopping," your a dumb tourist who deserves to pay the dumb tourist prices. Go outside of the city, into the suburbs, there's smoke shops in almost any shopping mall in the valley. Expect anything on the strip to be at least 30% higher than anywhere else in Vegas.[/quote]

So just because I'm walking down the strip really high and walk past a smoke shop and decide to take a look inside for a possible souvenir, that makes me a dumb tourist? I think you, are a nativist asshole. Thanks for the advice, but I'm not gonna go travel around all vegas for a little souvenir. I was just looking for a quick and easy buy, I wasn't going around "shopping". Idk where you got that from.

Edit: did you even read my op? My only intent when walking in there was to buy blunt wraps.

17. its a tourists attraction whats not expensive in vegas. besides hookers