So i want to grow a tree...

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by NarwhalHunter, Mar 29, 2013.

1. I would like to grow just a ridiculously huge weed plant and get as tall and thick of a tree as possible. Would 18 gallons of soil be enough? The soil is 1/3 compost 1/3 perlite 1/3 peat moss. It wouldn't be an organic grow by any means, so recommendations for fertilizers and nutes would be appreciated. Tips anyone? Time isnt an issue.

2. Well, id suggest a tall sativa, rule of thumb is 1 gallon/ ft. Of growth so I'd say 18gal is pretty big.

3. ^ What he said. And if you're looking for a good nute I'd recommend checking out plants grown with molasses added to the water, its a pretty small amount of molasses per gallon. The buds get sweeter and heavier and the plant usually produces more bud.

4. Dudes here in cali use 100 gallon smart pots to grow trees. We are talking 15 ft plants with 5+ lbs on them. Go check out the nor cal growers represent thread in outdoor. There is a wealth of knowledge amd good natured fun going on there.

5. Yeah I'm using 65 gallons and I'm tiny compared to those Californians :)

6. 18 gallons can possibly yield you a pound or more with the right strain and enough veg time. It's already getting late in the season for starting any monster plants though. I'd do your best this season and step it up next year. The main things to shoot for are starting early indoors, 100+ gallon pots or large holes, super soil, and a good strain....plus the obvious sun and water.

Good luck.

7. What you really have to do is just set a light up out next to your plant after letting it veg indoors over winter. Once the last signs of frost are gone, you move her outside and make sure your lights come on after sundown. Timing with sunrise, you want your lights to come on to give you plant a full 18 hours of light. The best part about this method is your artificial light doesn't need to be very strong, as the sunlight will give you incredible growth and the artificial light is only to ensure that your ladies don't flower early spring. I have a hoop house I use for vegging with 3 65 watt CFLs in it. These lights are for extending photoperiod only, not intended for intense growth. So my vegging room is incredibly efficient, using 195 watts only for about 6 hours a day. I save a lot on energy cost. I also move my flowering plants into the hoop house on clear days so they get direct sun. This lets me turn off my 1000 grow space for close to 8 hours a day. A real energy saver! Plus less energy bill cost means less chance of a visit by the cops.

Check out my grow! http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1206866-first-grow-indoor-outdoor-mix-lst-hst.html