Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So I want to be a stoner

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by starbound, Dec 6, 2013.

1. #21 Headphones, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013

I cant lie and say that that isnt bound to happen at one time or another. The general feeling of being high is the same, but that general feeling can often be slightly different each time, or be more all-encompassing because you smoked more so people say "oh im HighER" I got high my fourth time smoking. but i got a little buzz,the first few times. so I thought I knew what it felt like, then i got high for real and it scared me, only because i wasnt expecting it, and it crept up on me. Even still I smoked again the next day because no matter what you come away thinking that weed is good, because it is. Youre lucky that you realize its having no effect on you and so you ought to run with whatever you feel, whenever you feel it, and if you run with it and feel how good it is. Poof your anxiety is gone. Might I suggest grabbing some headphones and getting used to how it feels eyes closed. so you can get used to the feeling without letting the moment of where you are and if someone might see you and why does everything seem foreign, get to you. just listen to your favorite song and try to visualize things on the back of your eyelids and get creative. and when youre all burnt out on doing that, then open your eyes and get used to the eyes open feeling of being high and watch some tv. I definitely encourage doing lazy, nonproductive, no effort required activites for your first time. 

Btw. I havent smoked in 2 years. but I did smoke everyday for 3 years beforehand, every day easily. Am im naturally good at defining hard to define thoughts and ideas. I quit because I got bored of it and because I did it too often. You wont be addicted to it physically but if you have an addictive personality, try to contain yourself, because once you start getting stoned, when youre sober, you'll feel just fine but you'll be like "man i would much rather be stoned" and if its readily available you will. Cuz its fun, its good, its harmless. But dont be one of those annoying "smoke weed everyday bro , im always high, stay high bitch" Regulate. Own every one of your highs and do it just enough that every high feels unique and not routine. 

2. [quote name="starbound" post="19111034" timestamp="1386307451"]. What do you drink?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]Heineken, yuengling, a whole mess of craft beer, Serbian beer, I like beer alot. And for liquor I like mixed drinks if I'm doing vodka , and gin is my favorite. I like it all except straight vodka. But I never drink to get drunk. I drink to loosen up and because I love the taste plus the act of pouring and/or mixing. Always in moderation.

3. [quote name="Ozric Tentacles" post="19110816" timestamp="1386305797"]Theyre similar in that when really drunk, or just high. they affect how your senses feel in an all-encompassing way. But while booze feels sloppy and happy. Weed feels crisp, strange, and you feel like everything is new and different, like there are aspects of everyday life you didnt realize.Of course youll be happy too, and hungry. or you might be paranoid and scared of the new feeling. Never let your first time be your only shot. Oh by the way dont think it isnt working yet. It could creep on you your first time. If we don't hear from you, I'll assume it worked and you got too distracted to post back.[/quote]Love this. Say bye to sloppy and say high to crisp and strange. Nailed it in my opinion when it comes to the comparison of weed and booze. "Stay Crisp biatch."Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. You shouldn't smoke with your mindset it's going to make you a wreck. Liquor and Marijuana are totally different poisons. I would advise you to stay away from it but since that obviously isn't going to happen here are some tips: Start small, sprinkle crumbs on the end of a cig, hit it and wait for it. If you don't feel nothing after a few minutes rinse and repeat. If you smoke too much your first time it will be like drinking too much your first time. Not fun. Hope this helps.

5. [quote name="Ozric Tentacles" post="19111118" timestamp="1386308139"]I cant lie and say that that isnt bound to happen at one time or another. The general feeling of being high is the same, but that general feeling can often be slightly different each time, or be more all-encompassing because you smoked more so people say "oh im HighER" I got high my fourth time smoking. but i got a little buzz,the first few times. so I thought I knew what it felt like, then i got high for real and it scared me, only because i wasnt expecting it, and it crept up on me. Even still I smoked again the next day because no matter what you come away thinking that weed is good, because it is. Youre lucky that you realize its having no effect on you and so you ought to run with whatever you feel, whenever you feel it, and if you run with it and feel how good it is. Poof your anxiety is gone. Might I suggest grabbing some headphones and getting used to how it feels eyes closed. so you can get used to the feeling without letting the moment of where you are and if someone might see you and why does everything seem foreign, get to you. just listen to your favorite song and try to visualize things on the back of your eyelids and get creative. and when youre all burnt out on doing that, then open your eyes and get used to the eyes open feeling of being high and watch some tv. I definitely encourage doing lazy, nonproductive, no effort required activites for your first time. [/quote]Yeah, I look around and everybody is lighting up with ease and I'm over here worrying. I guess I need to fixate in my head that weed cannot kill me no matter how much I do. How much do you think will get me at a comfortable maintainable high? Weed is definitely something I'd like to conquer. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. [quote name="LaFFiZzLe" post="19111165" timestamp="1386308526"]Start small, sprinkle crumbs on the end of a cig, hit it and wait for it. If you don't feel nothing after a few minutes rinse and repeat. If you smoke too much your first time it will be like drinking too much your first time. Not fun. Hope this helps.[/quote]Don't start smoking cigs if you don't already op

7. [quote name="Huey_Freeman" post="19111119" timestamp="1386308162"]Heineken, yuengling, a whole mess of craft beer, Serbian beer, I like beer alot. And for liquor I like mixed drinks if I'm doing vodka , and gin is my favorite. I like it all except straight vodka. But I never drink to get drunk. I drink to loosen up and because I love the taste plus the act of pouring and/or mixing. Always in moderation.[/quote]I got to a point where I'd just mix liquers in one bottle and pour shots just for the buzz. But yeah in moderation it's okSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. [quote name="LaFFiZzLe" post="19111165" timestamp="1386308526"]You shouldn't smoke with your mindset it's going to make you a wreck. Liquor and Marijuana are totally different poisons. I would advise you to stay away from it but since that obviously isn't going to happen here are some tips: Start small, sprinkle crumbs on the end of a cig, hit it and wait for it. If you don't feel nothing after a few minutes rinse and repeat. If you smoke too much your first time it will be like drinking too much your first time. Not fun. Hope this helps.[/quote]If all possible id like to stay away from tabacco, good advice though thank youSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

You shouldnt need more than a couple hits. Everyone thinks they inhale properly but maybe your not, always suck in a little extra air after hitting it, its a good practice in general you wont cough as much if you thin it out, and you know its getting in your lungs. A comfortable and maintainable high is something I cannot guarantee, If you wanna be comfortable, get in bed :p, if you mean emotionally or not anxious, thats up to you.. If you do get anxious, one good way to kill a high is to take a shower. A hot shower will make you feel like a million bucks now matter what if youre stoned, what with your head tingling under the water and all.

10. I hear "I didn't get high my first time or second time or w/e..." a lot.  I can say the first time I ever smoked, I felt it.  I think a lot of this has to do with, not only improperly doing it, but also with people expecting a lot more than what it is.  For example, people always hear about being high or stoned, whether they smoke or not.  For the people that have never smoked, it sounds really intimidating, and they might be expecting an uncontrollable feeling like being drunk or so, and might say they are "feeling nothing" because they are expecting more.  But like most of those tokers out there, I know the feeling usually isn't uncontrollable, and actually a lot more enjoyable.  There's actually video evidence of this theory!  Remember the King of the Hill episode when Hank Hill first smokes weed??? :p

11. [quote name="Ozric Tentacles" post="19111229" timestamp="1386309001"]You shouldnt need more than a couple hits. Everyone thinks they inhale properly but maybe your not, always suck in a little extra air after hitting it, its a good practice in general you wont cough as much if you thin it out, and you know its getting in your lungs. A comfortable and maintainable high is something I cannot guarantee, If you wanna be comfortable, get in bed :p, if you mean emotionally or not anxious, thats up to you.. If you do get anxious, one good way to kill a high is to take a shower. A hot shower will make you feel like a million bucks now matter what if youre stoned, what with your head tingling under the water and all.[/quote]I guess I'll wing it then, thanks for the advice. I'll definitely be referring back here when I do smoke againSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. [quote name="Liability" post="19111275" timestamp="1386309471"]I hear "I didn't get high my first time or second time or w/e..." a lot. I can say the first time I ever smoked, I felt it. I think a lot of this has to do with, not only improperly doing it, but also with people expecting a lot more than what it is. For example, people always hear about being high or stoned, whether they smoke or not. For the people that have never smoked, it sounds really intimidating, and they might be expecting an uncontrollable feeling like being drunk or so, and might say they are "feeling nothing" because they are expecting more. But like most of those tokers out there, I know the feeling usually isn't uncontrollable, and actually a lot more enjoyable. There's actually video evidence of this theory! Remember the King of the Hill episode when Hank Hill first smokes weed??? :p[/quote]This is exactly how I feel! Both times I smoked I was expecting a rush of calmness and something very noticeable. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Been there before lolSent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

14. #34 MooseyPoo, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    -Gunnery Sergeant MacTonite
    \nFor some advice, first an foremost I'd say don't stress about not getting high or not. Took me 4 attempts to actually successfully get high, and even then it wasn't that great, more of a headache and minor disorientation.

A good tip to help getting down the breathing is to inhale air continually, while doing this, put the piece to your lips and continue inhaling, then taking it away from your lips, all while continually inhaling. This will pretty much ensure you're inhaling correctly. continual continual continually continual continually continual continua continually continually ...

If you're worried about panic attacks, just take it slow. Take maybe 3-5 hits and just chill for 15-20 minutes, if at that point you're content with your high, you're good, if not, take 3-5 hits again and wait. Using this method (unless incredibly prone to panic attacks) you'll pretty much be guaranteed to enjoy your high, and not have any issues.
    I've only had 1 panic attack in my smoking career, a combination of inexperience, and edibles, never again :(

If you do have any sort of panic attack, just remind yourself that your heart isn't going to explode, you're not going to die, you're at home, taking a substance that's supposed to alter how you feel, how you're feeling is normal. I wouldn't stress too much about panic attacks anyway though, I don't think they're as common as some make them out to be.

Just smoke correctly, slowly, enjoy, and relax.

Take it easy, friend  :smoke:

15. do you think I'm cute Private Starbound, do you think I'm funny

16. About as cute as Riko and Ako. I feel relieved that I'm not the only one who's m̶a̶s̶t̶u̶r̶b̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶  watched Kissxsis.

17. ...This guy knows whats up.

18. [​IMG]

19. [quote name="MacTonite" post="19111462" timestamp="1386312151"]do you think I'm cute Private Starbound, do you think I'm funny[/quote]No idea what you're talking aboutSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Thanks for all the great replays everybodySent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum