Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So I want to be a stoner

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by starbound, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Today I vouched to never take another sip of alcohol again. That stuff should not be legal. So basically I want to actually start smoking, I've smoked twice and yet to get high. Idk what I'm doing wrong with it. Could you more experienced guys help me out? Could you take me step by step on how you get high? I'm kinda afraid on how weed will make me feel ( prone to anxiety attacks). I just want to smoke and feel good. Any help appreciated!No this isn't a troll pagePeace and happy holidays Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 LuxTenebris, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
    If you're prone to anxiety, try to stick with Indica dominants, as theyre more a stoney lazy high Sativa dominants are more energetic and more likely to cause the infamous paranoia.

And Obviously higher quality bud will do the job better than some mids or schwag, also, one hit off a joint or somethjng, unless incredibly potent, wont do much, so maybe pickup a spoon (hand pipe, people usually just call em bowls, but thats slightly innacurate as most smoking tools have a bowl) A whole joint should annihilate a light weight if its some decent bud, but theyre a bitch to roll if you don't know how

Theres really no special technique, just inhale the smoke, not swallow it. You don't have to hold it, its a a myth that it gets you higher, it just cuts off oxygen to the brain, hold it like a second and you absorb all the thc you're gonna.

Oh and some people just seem to be immune to its effects, so if you're one of them, there really isn't much you can do.

3. What do you smoke from? Make sure you inhale. Some people just don't get high their first few times, regardless. But after a few times it'll creep up on you and you'll feel great :D by inhale, i mean that some people just hold it in their mouth, or just suck it in and exhale immediately. Inhale it like air into your lungs, hold it for a couple seconds and blow out. THC is fairly quick to be absorbed in the lungs, so you don't need to hold it, i just like to thin out my hits. But yeah, also make sure you don't torch the weed, just hold the lighter above and "cherry" the weed, which is when sucking in air keeps it burning without a flame. You can tell because of the cherry red burning color when inhaling. Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. BULLSHIT YOU DID'NT CONVINCE ME
    LEMME SEE YOUR REAL STONER FACE

5. Just take two good hits, and breathe in some extra air afterwards. Be somewhere familiar and comfortable and theres no reason you should get paranoid.

6. I have a small glass pipe. Im sure I'm inhaling correct. I just don't get it, everybody else such a good time with it and I can't even get high. How does the high feel? I know just about everything there is to know about how weed effects the body. I just don't know how It will make me feel. People say it's nothing like alcohol but thc and alcohol kind of do the same thing( block Neuroreceptors and allow less brain function) I can't see how they couldn't be slightly similar? Anyway yeah thanks for the responses Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. #8 Headphones, Dec 6, 2013

Theyre similar in that when really drunk, or just high. they affect how your senses feel in an all-encompassing way. But while booze feels sloppy and happy. Weed feels crisp, strange, and you feel like everything is new and different, like there are aspects of everyday life you didnt realize.

Of course youll be happy too, and hungry. or you might be paranoid and scared of the new feeling. Never let your first time be your only shot. 

Oh by the way dont think it isnt working yet. It could creep on you your first time. If we don't hear from you, I'll assume it worked and you got too distracted to post back.

8. Pack as much weed as you can into your bowl and smoke it all, maybe even two bowls, im saying this so you can see if you'll even get high. Breathe like normal, when you go to inhale, pretend like your just inhaling air, do it the same way. Take a big hit to where it burns and you may cough. Dont expect or try to guess what being high is like, just cause you read how being high feels doesnt mean youll feel the same way as that. Just smoke, hit it hard, and relax, get up and walk around alil bit. If you get too high, fuck it, atleast you know you can get high

9. #10 inhumainpapaya, Dec 6, 2013
    i get anxiety sometimes and have had an anxiety attack and weed gets rid of it really well. I don't know if its the same for everyone though?

edit: and by that i mean if i have like 1 joint a week i dont get any anxiety at all 

10. Very helpful! I'm still a bit confused on what being high is like. I heard it's hard to explain. Do you feel walking straight is harder like alcohol? Which effect is more noticeable alcohol or weed? I mean noticeable like which effect is heavier. If I were to take 4 shots of 80 proof vodka or smoke .5 witch effect would be more potent? I hope I'm making sense lolSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. [quote name="starbound" post="19110653" timestamp="1386304362"] That stuff should not be legal. [/quote]Blasphemy

Moving wont be a problem except you might not wanna. But no you could walk just fine straight. But things might seem to be slightly (and i only mean slightly so dont worry) closer to you.  There can be a bit of spacial perception change but thats with alcohol too. Weed is hard to explain, you know it when you feel it, but when you feel it, dont feel like you made a mistake, feel instead like you manage to accomplish something. The way you feel once your high is pronounced, so feel good, you git a whole life ahead of ya lol.

13. [quote name="Huey_Freeman" post="19110903" timestamp="1386306479"]Blasphemy[/quote] lol that stuff ruins life's, I use to take 4-5 shots on a empty stomach before school and be gone for first and part of second. No good mate Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. [quote name="Ozric Tentacles" post="19110923" timestamp="1386306641"]Moving wont be a problem except you might not wanna. But no you could walk just fine straight. But things might seem to be slightly (and i only mean slightly so dont worry) closer to you. There can be a bit of spacial perception change but thats with alcohol too. Weed is hard to explain, you know it when you feel it, but when you feel it, dont feel like you made a mistake, feel instead like you manage to accomplish something. The way you feel once your high is pronounced, so feel good, you git a whole life ahead of ya lol.[/quote]great advice bro, thanks a lot. I'll pick up some more asap and keep trying till I get it.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Just dont worry about what its gonna be like just know the first time smoking bud and getting high is amazing. The first 2 times i smoked weed i didnt get high either but i have heard it is because your body is getting used to it

16. [quote name="starbound" post="19110943" timestamp="1386306734"]lol that stuff ruins life's, I use to take 4-5 shots on a empty stomach before school and be gone for first and part of second. No good mate Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]Moderation

Yep, first time > any other time. Its also the one that shocks you. First timers can end up so surprised at the feeling they can get paranoid about it. Just remember, youre not likely to get as high as you were the first time ever again, unless you smoke alot, and you wont die at all, and youre not likely to go to jail. if you got high and now youre really high in your bed room, its gonna be like any other day in your bedroom man, except this time you get to have an adventure where you look for treasure under your bed :p.

18. [quote name="Huey_Freeman" post="19110983" timestamp="1386307038"]Moderation[/quote]. What do you drink?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. [quote name="Ozric Tentacles" post="19111000" timestamp="1386307189"]Yep, first time > any other time. Its also the one that shocks you. First timers can end up so surprised at the feeling they can get paranoid about it. Just remember, youre not likely to get as high as you were the first time ever again, unless you smoke alot, and you wont die at all, and youre not likely to go to jail. if you got high and now youre really high in your bed room, its gonna be like any other day in your bedroom man, except this time you get to have an adventure where you look for treasure under your bed :p.[/quote]I just don't want to be scared. I'm the type of person that would spazz out bad at the slightest feeling of something then later have a panic attack. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum